Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language

Right everyone want's to learn a new language... even if you know French Irish and English there's always another language you'd like to learn so...

basically i'm gonna bang up a poll with 10 of the languages i think people would be most likely to want to learn and we'll see whats shaking... don't for get to leave a comment sharing how you voted and i'm really sorry if there's an obscure language i left off here but i can only do a maximum of 10

*NOTE* I've left Irish off as people might be inclined to see it and get all patriotic and say that it's the language they wish they know most...
    German
    0%
    French
    0%
    Italian
    0%
    Portugese
    0%
    Arabic
    0%
    Russian
    0%
    Japanese
    0%
    Hindi
    0%
    Mandarin
    0%
    Spanish
    0%

Originally posted by Kiddeh
    Right everyone want's to learn a new language... even if you know French Irish and English there's always another language you'd like to learn so...

basically i'm gonna bang up a poll with 10 of the languages i think people would be most likely to want to learn and we'll see whats shaking... don't for get to leave a comment sharing how you voted and i'm really sorry if there's an obscure language i left off here but i can only do a maximum of 10

*NOTE* I've left Irish off as people might be inclined to see it and get all patriotic and say that it's the language they wish they knew most...
    Are you not making assumptions when you say "everyone wants to learn a new language" ??????
    Last edited by sheelbee; 28-07-2011, 11:56 AM. Reason: no reason
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
      Are you not making assumptions when you say "everyone wants to learn a new language" ??????
      No i'm not everyone does... people who don't care to speak another language are people who aren't willing to expand their horizons and therefore are idiots in my book...

I'm not by any means saying if you don't learn a new language your a tosser as i would be top of that list but if you had a chance to have any language magically shunted into your brain what would it be

Comment

Anyway i really want to learn 3 languages here and it was really hard to choose one but i went with Russian... the other languages were Japanese and Arabic... and i i had to pick a European language it would be German

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddeh View Post
          No i'm not everyone does... people who don't care to speak another language are people who aren't willing to expand their horizons and therefore are idiots in my book...

I'm not by any means saying if you don't learn a new language your a tosser as i would be top of that list but if you had a chance to have any language magically shunted into your brain what would it be
          Disagree with you there Kiddo not everyone does (more assumptions). Calling people idiots because they dont want to learn another language is downright disrespectful and arrogant. Personally I speak 4 languages but would not condemn someone for only speaking their chosen tongue...........Finally I do not believe in magic that is for a different generation....

Comment

Disagree with you there Kiddo not everyone does (more assumptions). Calling people idiots because they dont want to learn another language is downright disrespectful and arrogant. Personally I speak 4 languages but would not condemn someone for only speaking their chosen tongue...........Finally I do not believe in magic that is for a different generation....
            which is why i said in my post i'm not saying a person that doesn't want to learn a language is an idiot but i'm saying giving the opportunity to know a new language is there anyone in the world who would turn it down? i think not and if they did they would be an idiot... if you feel that i'm disrespectful thinking that... well for ya but i think a person who wouldn't be willing to have another language is disrespecting the intelligence our brains afford us

as for magic it was to represent that it would happen with out learning... this thread is all hypothetical as i doubt anyone will go out and learn a language because of a poll... so please don't take it to seriously or misinterpret whats being said

Comment

which is why i said in my post i'm not saying a person that doesn't want to learn a language is an idiot but i'm saying giving the opportunity to know a new language is there anyone in the world who would turn it down? i think not and if they did they would be an idiot... if you feel that i'm disrespectful thinking that... well for ya but i think a person who wouldn't be willing to have another language is disrespecting the intelligence our brains afford us

as for magic it was to represent that it would happen with out learning... this thread is all hypothetical as i doubt anyone will go out and learn a language because of a poll... so please don't take it to seriously or misinterpret whats being said
              How silly of me ! And there was I thinking you were being serious..................How is the poll going ????

Comment

How silly of me ! And there was I thinking you were being serious..................How is the poll going ????
                Vote and find out.............. were you trying to get a rise out of me sheelbee?

Comment

Vote and find out.............. were you trying to get a rise out of me sheelbee?
                  Moi ???Neen-Nah-Nei-Nne-Nao-Nyet.............is that good enough for you..??

Comment

Moi ???Neen-Nah-Nei-Nne-Nao-Nyet.............is that good enough for you..??
                    Good enough for me? i didn't realise you were on a mission to try and impress me... fair enough sheelers whatever floats your boat

Comment

Good enough for me? i didn't realise you were on a mission to try and impress me... fair enough sheelers whatever floats your boat
                      Not out to impress............educate...

Comment

Not out to impress............educate...
                        Now now lads play nice,back to your corners, Sheelbee if Kiddo did that it would be said he was trying to impress, because your Old (sorry joke) it's educating.......
                        But anyways I was impressed.......

Right continue lads.....
                        It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

There are loads of opportunities to learn new
                          languages out there- courses, books, audio stuff- and of course best of all visiting
                          other countries and learning it from the locals.....but most people don't, or start and then give up. Of
                          course being magically able to speak a new language without having to learn
                          it is a different thing....I think most people would love that. I haven't voted
                          in the poll because there's loads of languages I'd love to have a crack at so I
                          couldn't choose.....did French at school and would like to improve that, also
                          dabbled in Spanish and Russian.....and would also like to know a bit of Irish..
                          but though I could quite easily learn any of them if I put my mind to it, like
                          most people I'm far too lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                            There are loads of opportunities to learn new
                            languages out there- courses, books, audio stuff- and of course best of all visiting
                            other countries and learning it from the locals.....but most people don't, or start and then give up. Of
                            course being magically able to speak a new language without having to learn
                            it is a different thing....I think most people would love that. I haven't voted
                            in the poll because there's loads of languages I'd love to have a crack at so I
                            couldn't choose.....did French at school and would like to improve that, also
                            dabbled in Spanish and Russian.....and would also like to know a bit of Irish..
                            but though I could quite easily learn any of them if I put my mind to it, like
                            most people I'm far too lazy
                            Damn our flaws as humans... i really wish i was bothered... but alas i'm not.... it's shocking how much free time i could dedicate to learning a language but i just don't have the initiative to start

Comment

Damn our flaws as humans... i really wish i was bothered... but alas i'm not.... it's shocking how much free time i could dedicate to learning a language but i just don't have the initiative to start
                              to be honest, I think that like anything else, if we really wanted to do it...
                              we would.

Comment

Working...
                              X