IQ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IQ.

I just had a friendly argument with one of me pals.....about how intelligent one has to be to get into Mensa......does anyone know......and what is the average IQ.

I said it has to be around 135 or so...

She says it has to be 120..
    It is what it is.

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
    I just had a friendly argument with one of me pals.....about how intelligent one has to be to get into Mensa......does anyone know......and what is the average IQ.

I said it has to be around 135 or so...

She says it has to be 120..
    blondes need not apply. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
      blondes need not apply. Lol
      If you had a "decent" IQ you could have found this out yourself..................Mo is right !!

score at or above the 98th percentile on certain standardised IQ or other approved intelligence tests, such as the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales. Because different tests are scaled differently, it is not meaningful to compare raw scores between tests, only percentiles. For example, the minimum accepted score on the Stanford-Binet is 132, while for the Cattell it is 148.[8] But most IQ tests are designed to yield a mean score of 100 with a standard deviation of 15; the 98th-percentile score under these conditions is 130.82.

Mensa also has its own application exam, and some national groups offer alternative batteries of culture-fair, non-language tests. These exams are proctored by Mensa and do not provide a quantified score; they serve only to qualify a person for membership. In some national groups, a person may take a Mensa offered test only once, although one may later submit an application with results from a different qualifying test.[8] For some national Mensa groups, such as American Mensa, having a high enough score on some graduate school admissions exams is enough to qualify for Mensa membership.[8]
      Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

im dying here lol......

let me tell you something about mensa iq's......my youngest daughter got sent home from the babysitters when she was 2 cos she scared the living daylights out of her and the babysitter thought my kid was weird.......we discovered she could read novels at 2 1/2 we just never gave her any cos we were busy doing BA MA DA etc...she thought we were idiots....anyways she had her iq measured at 4 and got send to a special gifted school for those with high iqs...her iq was 165......her iq is still 165....shes very smart......but pam...you know my jessie cant cross the road without fallin under a bloomin bus...what she has in the iq level shes missing in the daily living section of the brain lol...

i think iqs are daft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          im dying here lol......

let me tell you something about mensa iq's......my youngest daughter got sent home from the babysitters when she was 2 cos she scared the living daylights out of her and the babysitter thought my kid was weird.......we discovered she could read novels at 2 1/2 we just never gave her any cos we were busy doing BA MA DA etc...she thought we were idiots....anyways she had her iq measured at 4 and got send to a special gifted school for those with high iqs...her iq was 165......her iq is still 165....shes very smart......but pam...you know my jessie cant cross the road without fallin under a bloomin bus...what she has in the iq level shes missing in the daily living section of the brain lol...

i think iqs are daft.
          Agree with you MKM you just cant buy "cop on"

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            im dying here lol......

i think iqs are daft.
            Helen your gas............I agree ......its hard to measure one's intelligence......Dont know why the feck I put it on this bloody forum.....with all the smart answers I got.....
            It is what it is.

Comment

lol...pam.......its just they dont know not your really blonde hehehe..

Comment

Helen your gas............I agree ......its hard to measure one's intelligence......Dont know why the feck I put it on this bloody forum.....with all the smart answers I got.....
                What did you expect with a topic like IQ ???? Smart answers...

Comment

well heres the thing....when shes been assessed with an iq so high....imagine trying to reason with her?? i wish i could have bought her cop on hehehhe...a bucket load of it...shes so smart...and then out of the blue she does something so bloomin silly youd wonder what was going thro her brain lol.. A fart probably

Comment

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
                    hahahhaha

Comment

Listen ya headball......ya were givin out to me yesterday for "gettin" at ya..............and I said I would be nice from now on.............and now heres you gettin smart!!!!!
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Listen ya headball......ya were givin out to me yesterday for "gettin" at ya..............and I said I would be nice from now on.............and now heres you gettin smart!!!!!
                        So sorry, but it's my IQ getting at ya......inanyways you started it..........

Comment

So sorry, but it's my IQ getting at ya......inanyways you started it..........
                          I just asked a bloody question.......jeese........anyhows what is your IQ???
                          It is what it is.

Comment

I just asked a bloody question.......jeese........anyhows what is your IQ???
                            Cant count that high........I remember some years ago the BBC did an IQ test over a few weeks, my current wife and I did it (independently) I got 135 and to my everlasting reminder my wife got 165.....But then she must be clever to be with me....

Comment

Cant count that high........I remember some years ago the BBC did an IQ test over a few weeks, my current wife and I did it (independently) I got 135 and to my everlasting reminder my wife got 165.....But then she must be clever to be with me....
                              Well now.....you must remember I knew you way back when.....
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X