Internet Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Problem

My internet is crap since last night I have to keep restarting the modem. I rang vodafone today and the techy had me unplugging this and that and eventually told me that because I had something else plugged into the splitter box (printer) that is what was causing the problem but guess what modem only plugged straight in now and the red light keeps popping up. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas or is it happening down their end do you think and they wont own up. I said to the techy today whatever happened to the expert coming out and fixing your problem for you I was met by silence

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
    My internet is crap since last night I have to keep restarting the modem. I rang vodafone today and the techy had me unplugging this and that and eventually told me that because I had something else plugged into the splitter box (printer) that is what was causing the problem but guess what modem only plugged straight in now and the red light keeps popping up. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas or is it happening down their end do you think and they wont own up. I said to the techy today whatever happened to the expert coming out and fixing your problem for you I was met by silence
    I have had problems with Eircom for months, keep loosing the broadband, when I go to the modem it shows it is still on
    sick of resetting it, also got the whole run around with plugging in and out everything

son and friend in work have had problems with meteor, am wondering is there a problem with masts at this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      I have had problems with Eircom for months, keep loosing the broadband, when I go to the modem it shows it is still on
      sick of resetting it, also got the whole run around with plugging in and out everything

son and friend in work have had problems with meteor, am wondering is there a problem with masts at this stage?
      I don't know whats going on there never seems to be a problem their end. Sky are the same they have you unplugging and switching this and that. What if you where totally clueless and they instruct you to do this and that and you haven't a notion what to do

Comment

I don't know whats going on there never seems to be a problem their end. Sky are the same they have you unplugging and switching this and that. What if you where totally clueless and they instruct you to do this and that and you haven't a notion what to do
        it is never their fault, I told eircom to go read the forums and boards as to the problem with the new modem they sent me, I eventually got a reconditioned modem that would allow me to use laptops
        son has sky and it keeps going off, they said 100 euro for a call out and 100 euro for a new box

Comment

best to swich off for a little while......too much information confuses it
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            best to swich off for a little while......too much information confuses it
            done that as well quinner. Turned it off last night got up this morning turned it on and it was still red light. It's ok at the moment that's what makes me think it's problem on the other end

Comment

done that as well quinner. Turned it off last night got up this morning turned it on and it was still red light. It's ok at the moment that's what makes me think it's problem on the other end

i would think if its the other end...they would be inundated by phone calls....does it come by cable

Comment

i would think if its the other end...they would be inundated by phone calls....does it come by cable
                they are inundated with phone calls, you queue for a long time to get to talk with someone
                some times I just give up as it costs too much

Comment

they are inundated with phone calls, you queue for a long time to get to talk with someone
                  some times I just give up as it costs too much
                  i agree..but there may be different company's using the same call centre....that is usual thes days.....just check all connections are screwed in tight...and move the cables away from other cables if you can...especially mains ones.......

Comment

i agree..but there may be different company's using the same call centre....that is usual thes days.....just check all connections are screwed in tight...and move the cables away from other cables if you can...especially mains ones.......
                    the internet works fine for hours at a time, I have had this on now since about 4pm and no problem, then for no reason it will be gone
                    I am on wireless and the leads are up in the bedroom so no one near them

Comment

this is driving me mad. it's like watching traffic lights turn red -green. Phoned vodafone again third time. I told the bloke the problem I mentioned congestion and he did not rule it out. I still am none the wiser he said he would report a fault on my account and the enginneers will check it out and I'll hear back within 3-5 working days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr

Comment

this is driving me mad. it's like watching traffic lights turn red -green. Phoned vodafone again third time. I told the bloke the problem I mentioned congestion and he did not rule it out. I still am none the wiser he said he would report a fault on my account and the enginneers will check it out and I'll hear back within 3-5 working days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
                        my problems started last August, I got a credit on my bill this month for the loss of broadband, that was after I answered their survey

Comment

my problems started last August, I got a credit on my bill this month for the loss of broadband, that was after I answered their survey
                          I had two unsolicited calls last week and I heard the word survey in the first one I just hung up lol. I just got back on now I'll probably get kicked off again in a minute

Comment

jeangenie it sounds like you and bigby have the same problem I had with BT,
                            lights flickering, forever going through the steps to fix it and no go, three days later the engineer called, and found there was a problem in the box in the street so he waited to see all was well after 3 hours work and he left.
                            two hours later CRASH........I could not believe it.
                            So I know what it's like, now I am afraid to use it in case it's me...but with the new hard drive its like brand new now.
                            So BT owe me three days for no broadband...
                            You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

If you're with Eircom then you're not on any mast - it's on the telephone line (copper wire) coming into your house. Does resetting it fix the problem - even temporarily ?
                              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                              X