Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facebook access.

hey guys i cant access facebook...keep getting this

onlinetechs@rte.ie. saying my access is denied??? wtf?? anyone else getting it..

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    hey guys i cant access facebook...keep getting this

onlinetechs@rte.ie. saying my access is denied??? wtf?? anyone else getting it..
    No I just loged in now Hope thats not the virus going around on facebook
    They are watching me

Comment

I got onto facebook no problem with logging in??

Comment

Helen, try clearing your Temp Internet files, restart the computer and try logging in again.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

hey jim...thanks a bunch...it worked like a dream...^5

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            hey jim...thanks a bunch...it worked like a dream...^5
            Every time you visit any site it leaves a copy of itself in your Temp Internet Files folder.

Sometimes one or more of these files can get corrupt and cause you problems when you return to a site. I'd say that's what happened you Helen.

If its happening anyone on a regular basis, or you're finding your computer slowing down I recommend the use of a free program called CCleaner (yes two Cs). As well as otherthings it cleans out that folder, and often claws back a lot of space on your hard disk.

Comment

i keep getting messages supposed to be from facebook telling me to click on link to update login settings. is this bogus like i think it is. it looks like it's the real deal but i wont click the link

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                i keep getting messages supposed to be from facebook telling me to click on link to update login settings. is this bogus like i think it is. it looks like it's the real deal but i wont click the link
                If you're getting these messages through your email, delete and forget them. Don't under any circumstances send your login details to anyone.

Comment

i am deleting them rashers and i am trying to block the sender but they keep coming.

Comment

here is what it says so beware the facebook logo is also with it to make it look authentic

In an effort to make your online experience safer and more enjoyable, Facebook will be implementing a new login system that will affect all Facebook users. These changes will offer new features and increased account security.
                    Before you are able to use the new login system, you will be required to update your account.
                    Click here to update your account online now.
                    If you have any questions, reference our New User Guide.
                    Thanks,
                    The Facebook Team

Comment

jeanie id be leery of resigning up anything..a week or so ago i got this offical email from Ebay asking me to update my credit infomation...it had the logo on it..looked official..but i didnt sign i sent a copy to ebay asking them what it was...and they send back a reply...FRAUD....and saying they never look for updated credit information...

these forgers are getting too good at copying info...

Comment

here is what it says so beware the facebook logo is also with it to make it look authentic

In an effort to make your online experience safer and more enjoyable, Facebook will be implementing a new login system that will affect all Facebook users. These changes will offer new features and increased account security.
                        Before you are able to use the new login system, you will be required to update your account.
                        Click here to update your account online now.
                        If you have any questions, reference our New User Guide.
                        Thanks,
                        The Facebook Team
                        It's called a phishing scam. By replying at all that validates your email address, and then you're led through a false login screen that looks very much like Facebook.

The scam artists then have your email address, your login details including your password for FB.

But it doesn't stop there. A lot of people, perhaps the majority, use the same password to access all of their online accounts.... see where it's leading?

Now, blocking the sender is no good because the sender is false too. What you need to do is look at the headers of the email. Reading from the bottom up you'll come across an email address. That's the one to block.

Comment

yes..phishing thats what ebay called it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                            It's called a phishing scam. By replying at all that validates your email address, and then you're led through a false login screen that looks very much like Facebook.

The scam artists then have your email address, your login details including your password for FB.

But it doesn't stop there. A lot of people, perhaps the majority, use the same password to access all of their online accounts.... see where it's leading?

Now, blocking the sender is no good because the sender is false too. What you need to do is look at the headers of the email. Reading from the bottom up you'll come across an email address. That's the one to block.
                            thanks rashers i'll try that. i only get rid of one and another arrives shortly after this is going on for 3 weeks now

Comment

thanks rashers i'll try that. i only get rid of one and another arrives shortly after this is going on for 3 weeks now
                              Do you know how to check the headers in your email?

Another way to find the scammers read address is to click Reply and see who your reply is addressed to. That will be the one to block.

BTW, the free version of AVG nabs phishing emails.

Comment

Working...
                              X