Where is this world headed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this world headed?

The bodies of 47 women and children have been found in the Syrian city of Homs, where security forces have been fighting against armed rebels.

Hadi Abdallah, a Syrian activist in Homs, told AFP news agency the bodies of 26 children and 21 women were found in the Karm el-Zaytoun and Al-Adawiyeh neighbourhoods of the city.

Mr Abdallah said that some of the victims had their throats slit and others had been stabbed.

"Some of the children had been hit with blunt objects on their head, one little girl was mutilated and some women were raped before being killed," he said.

The main opposition group, the Syrian National Council (SNC), called for an emergency UN Security Council meeting to discuss the "massacre".

Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
    The bodies of 47 women and children have been found in the Syrian city of Homs, where security forces have been fighting against armed rebels.

Hadi Abdallah, a Syrian activist in Homs, told AFP news agency the bodies of 26 children and 21 women were found in the Karm el-Zaytoun and Al-Adawiyeh neighbourhoods of the city.

Mr Abdallah said that some of the victims had their throats slit and others had been stabbed.

"Some of the children had been hit with blunt objects on their head, one little girl was mutilated and some women were raped before being killed," he said.

The main opposition group, the Syrian National Council (SNC), called for an emergency UN Security Council meeting to discuss the "massacre".
    they are animals..................... sorry I apologise to the animals
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

the sad results of war....especially ethnic and civil wars......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        the sad results of war....especially ethnic and civil wars......
        To what end?
        Children bludgeoned to death.
        Soldiers or "rebels" who do this deserve a long lingering painful death.
        How does this further any cause or liberate a people?
        Were there no humans among their number to say this is wrong we should not do this. Paddy is right. Animals.

Comment

To what end?
          Children bludgeoned to death.
          Soldiers or "rebels" who do this deserve a long lingering painful death.
          How does this further any cause or liberate a people?
          Were there no humans among their number to say this is wrong we should not do this. Paddy is right. Animals.

yes, that is what they are........but that will never stop it happening...there is a lot of ethnic hatred in syria....................

Comment

yes, that is what they are........but that will never stop it happening...there is a lot of ethnic hatred in syria....................
            On your worst day with your worst enemy can you imagine rounding up children and beating them to death?
            In the name of land or religeon or any of that crap.
            These people are not human and dont deserve to be treated as such. I cant think of a way painful enough and with as little dignity as possible to dispatch them.

Comment

On your worst day with your worst enemy can you imagine rounding up children and beating them to death?
              In the name of land or religeon or any of that crap.
              These people are not human and dont deserve to be treated as such. I cant think of a way painful enough and with as little dignity as possible to dispatch them.
              when life becomes unimportant.....the sad fact is....it becomes very unimportant......

Comment

when life becomes unimportant.....the sad fact is....it becomes very unimportant......
                I agree. And will add that when social norms break down humans are capable of greater evils than they ever thought possible.
                Again I wonder was there no human among them to realise what exactly they were doing.

IMagine 47 children huddled in Dublin school. And a gang of armed mercenarys walk in and begin slitting their little throats.
                Or London, or Paris or New York. How quick and swift would the retribution be?

Comment

I agree. And will add that when social norms break down humans are capable of greater evils than they ever thought possible.
                  Again I wonder was there no human among them to realise what exactly they were doing.

IMagine 47 children huddled in Dublin school. And a gang of armed mercenarys walk in and begin slitting their little throats.
                  Or London, or Paris or New York. How quick and swift would the retribution be?
                  i agree....but another world, another place.......what makes people take life?, there is no justification for taking young life......

the fog of war will probably trivialise it........what is the purpose, ...is it a one off in the long struggle for what people call right.......
                  who thinks the result will justify the means..........will we ever realy know....

Comment

you hit the nail on the head there...life has become unimportant....thats exactly how it is...i was watching a show on tv last week about the war camps in Europe during ww2....and i was stunned at how complacent people were with regard to the millions being herded off to the camps...and how so few could control so many.......its sad that people are like this ..or become like this..

Comment

I went to the holocaust museum in Melbourne yesterday with Maria. We met two wonderful women who are survivors who told us their story, but not in an angry way. Both have written books, we bought some of them. Kitia described her and her young friends as the amputees, their childhood was cut off.We spoke for about an hour, they were very articulate, and it made us realise how lucky we were. They tell children from schools who visit and say how could people do that, that one never knows what one would do to survive, as many jewish people in the death camps assisted the nazi's in getting fellow jews into the gas chambers and into the ovens. They were sent to their death every three months too. I did an interview on my video and will gladly send it on to anyone who is interested.
                      today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Let us not forget the 16 men, women and children killed in Afhganistan by an American soldier. The mother of a 2 year old child said the even the Taliban did not recruit 2 year old babies

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                          Let us not forget the 16 men, women and children killed in Afhganistan by an American soldier. The mother of a 2 year old child said the even the Taliban did not recruit 2 year old babies
                          maybe not....but they also don't mind blowing them to pieces........

Comment

maybe not....but they also don't mind blowing them to pieces........
                            dont mind who blowing who to pieces?

Comment

The Taliban don't mind blowing children up. But despite how cruel the Taliban is - the soldier who murdered those people has put every allied person in the area at risk. It's a tit for tat in my opinion. A Koran gets burned, Afghani soldiers shoot unsuspecting allied troops, this guy snaps and takes his rage out on innocent people - and they cycle continues.
                              I don't know if this means the world is getting worse, or if it's just continuing a cycle of violence that has been with us since the dawn of man. The difference is we're much effective at killing each other now than we were when we had to club each other over the head.

Comment

Working...
                              X