Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolands Mills garrison signatures.

Attached Files
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    Wow, I see my surname listed on one of those. I didn't know they were available online.Any chance of a link ?

Comment

Originally posted by podhead View Post
      Wow, I see my surname listed on one of those. I didn't know they were available online.Any chance of a link ?
      same name as my grandfather on there....i was led to believe he was only working there at that time..........

looks the same as the 1911 census signature.......maybe, maybe not ???
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by podhead View Post
        I'm not certain, but think I got them from the NLI site: http://www.nli.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          same name as my grandfather on there....i was led to believe he was only working there at that time..........

looks the same as the 1911 census signature.......maybe, maybe not ???
          I've heard of men being on site at various garrisons when the Rising began.... decided to stay and had a rifle shoved into their hands.

Comment

I've heard of men being on site at various garrisons when the Rising began.... decided to stay and had a rifle shoved into their hands.

rashers.....he always prayed for the lads on both sides who lost their lives....my mother said, on his own death bed, the prayers were his last words.....i know he was a van driver, working there.....

Comment

rashers.....he always prayed for the lads on both sides who lost their lives....my mother said, on his own death bed, the prayers were his last words.....i know he was a van driver, working there.....
              Might he have stayed on to see the fight through? I had an uncle in the South Dublin Union who was a porter at the time the rebels arrived. He stayed on and later, after the surrender order, he legged it... so the family story goes.

Comment

Might he have stayed on to see the fight through? I had an uncle in the South Dublin Union who was a porter at the time the rebels arrived. He stayed on and later, after the surrender order, he legged it... so the family story goes.
                i believe he stayed there.....but i do not think he was armed.......although he did help, in what capacity, i don't know......

i am led to believe he was there at the beginning, through to the end......

far as i know....he was not captured......the quinn signature, is from the third battalion....

Comment

i believe he stayed there.....but i do not think he was armed.......although he did help, in what capacity, i don't know......

i am led to believe he was there at the beginning, through to the end......

far as i know....he was not captured......the quinn signature, is from the third battalion....
                  We need our resident historian Capt Patch here to help us out.

Comment

We need our resident historian Capt Patch here to help us out.
                    i think he would prefer to ambush me .......lol

Comment

Joe, your grandad may have made a witness statment, try ringing Cathal Brugha Bks they are very helpful, wort a try...
                      You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by MommyDearest View Post
                        Joe, your grandad may have made a witness statment, try ringing Cathal Brugha Bks they are very helpful, wort a try...
                        thanks for that md........whatever he did.....he died very sad about it........

Comment

Working...
                        X