Gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay marriage

We( catholics) are about to receive a letter from the church asking us to lobby against gay marriage. What are your opinions.?
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
    We( catholics) are about to receive a letter from the church asking us to lobby against gay marriage. What are your opinions.?
    i have no problem with two people making a legal contract to live together....

but to call it marriage....to me that is abhorrent......

marriage is the union between a man and a woman...to have and rear children.........
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

If the Church dosent want gay marriages thats fine with me -- but in this secular country dont force your particular views on the rest of the populace who may just want the State to recognise the union of 2 people of the same gender the same as a man and a woman !!

Comment

My opinion is the catholic church should keep out of people's personal lives. The've done enough damage already, best if they concentrated on taking care of the victims of their clergy and nuns and stop hiding clergy from civil justice.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

If they are happy and not hurting anyone let em at it.
          But bringing kids (Adopted) into the mix is another matter.

Dont see what the catholic church has to do with it. They decided to not let priests marry and look where that has got them. I think least said by them on the matter the better.

Comment

my opinion the Catholic Church should crawl into a hole and stay there

I am all for same sex marraige if the people involved want it

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
              my opinion the Catholic Church should crawl into a hole and stay there

I am all for same sex marraige if the people involved want it
              I totally agree with Bigby,Marriage is,after all, just a contract.and let me add I have known some wonderful gay parents!

Comment

I absoloutely adore My Darling and only Grandaughter Jay , Her partner Leah is equeally beautiful and I love her just as much as I love my Jay , they have been partner's for quite some time and are very very happy together and very much in love they are 2 very charming young lady's hard working and both in their final year in Uni in Birmingham ....They plan to hopefully marry one another in a few years time and I will be there proudly watching them taking their vows ...however there are several members off Jay's family (mine as well )who want to have no contact with her since they made their announcment ...I say live and let live thats my opinion Leah is the young lady with the long hair and my beautiful darling grandaughter is the other young lady in the pic ....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre View Post
                  I absoloutely adore My Darling and only Grandaughter Jay , Her partner Leah is equeally beautiful and I love her just as much as I love my Jay , they have been partner's for quite some time and are very very happy together and very much in love they are 2 very charming young lady's hard working and both in their final year in Uni in Birmingham ....They plan to hopefully marry one another in a few years time and I will be there proudly watching them taking their vows ...however there are several members off Jay's family (mine as well )who want to have no contact with her since they made their announcment ...I say live and let live thats my opinion Leah is the young lady with the long hair and my beautiful darling grandaughter is the other young lady in the pic ....
                  dee, i wish them both a very long and happy life.......

i have no problem with them taking vows an living together....

i just think their should be a distinction....for the sake of the children....

life i think is getting too blurred for kids........too many problems for them as it is......
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

marriage is the union between a man and a woman...to have and rear children.........
                    "Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship. The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but is usually an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged. Such a union is often formalized via a wedding ceremony. Many cultures limit marriage to two persons of the opposite sex, but some allow forms of polygamous marriage, and some recognize same-sex marriage. In some conservative cultures, marriage is recommended or compulsory before pursuing any sexual activity."

We have come to accept that marriage is only for procreation but it isn't! It's just a word and an ideal that two people use to show their commitment to each other. Re Moes comment re Adopted kids....I recently attended a naming ceremony for a baby born to 2 gay friends of mine after one of them had had IVF and a happier set of parents would be hard to find. I have no doubt that they will make wonderful balanced parents and the fact they are a same sex couple will not make one jot of difference to their child as the happiness of a child is based largely on the love the parents have for each other.
                    So, as others have said re the church...clean your own house before you try to "clean" the lives of everyone else. Theologians have long since accepted that many of the apostles were very likely to have engaged in homosexual relationships.
                    Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
                    If they are happy and not hurting anyone let em at it.
                    But bringing kids (Adopted) into the mix is another matter.

Dont see what the catholic church has to do with it. They decided to not let priests marry and look where that has got them. I think least said by them on the matter the better.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                      dee, i wish them both a very long and happy life.......

i have no problem with them taking vows an living together....

i just think their should be a distinction....for the sake of the children....

life i think is getting too blurred for kids........too many problems for them as it is......
                      Thanks Joe ...the main thing for me is that my Grandaughter is finally a very very happy young lady and finally has something big that she was lacking f rom LOVE (she allways had mine and Denis's love ) !!..she had a very unhappy and sad upbringing from her Mam my daughter but thankfully she has moved on and is a very confidant Adult

Comment

Two beautiful young people, Deirdre... absolutely gorgeous lasses. Long may they live in happiness together.
                        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                          Two beautiful young people, Deirdre... absolutely gorgeous lasses. Long may they live in happiness together.
                          Thanks a Million rashers these 2 beautiful girl's are as beautiful and caring on the inside as they are on the outside and they make me a very proud and very happy nan xx

Comment

Thanks Joe ...the main thing for me is that my Grandaughter is finally a very very happy young lady and finally has something big that she was lacking f rom LOVE (she allways had mine and Denis's love ) !!..she had a very unhappy and sad upbringing from her Mam my daughter but thankfully she has moved on and is a very confidant Adult
                            Dee they are two beautiful girls and I know they bring you alot of happiness and they deserve all the happiness they get .
                            It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
                              Dee they are two beautiful girls and I know they bring you alot of happiness and they deserve all the happiness they get .
                              Thanks reggie ..they are fab and have managed to save their fare to come to kerry on easter Sun so both off them will be at my side when denis is finally laid to rest on Easter Mon xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X