Stupid Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Planning

This is a photo of the condition of the intersection of Griffith Avenue Extension and Tolka Estate.

This raised section was completed a few years ago at a cost of €70,000 - yes €70,000.

It was unnecessary at the time as the road was in perfect condition.....now look at the mess.

Who was responsible? - and will the contractors come back and fix the debacle?

Rhetorical, I know.....!
    Attached Files

it is artwork now............street art................
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Nansson......I use this junction on a daily basis.....it is left in an terrible condition I agree.....and will probably be left like that.....the roads around the area are like a patchwork quilt...and nothing is ever repaired properly..
      But what's worse is how dangerous the junction is...people are forever driving right across the road and not stopping at the white line to the right on the photo....I have seen many accidents there and it's just a matter of time before somebody is killed
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
        This is a photo of the condition of the intersection of Griffith Avenue Extension and Tolka Estate.

This raised section was completed a few years ago at a cost of €70,000 - yes €70,000.

It was unnecessary at the time as the road was in perfect condition.....now look at the mess.

Rhetorical, I know.....!
        same surface around my area and they have just filled in with tar
        wonder who owned the company that got that contract?

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
          Yosser Hughes !!
          Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
            Nansson......I use this junction on a daily basis.....it is left in an terrible condition I agree.....and will probably be left like that.....the roads around the area are like a patchwork quilt...and nothing is ever repaired properly..
            But what's worse is how dangerous the junction is...people are forever driving right across the road and not stopping at the white line to the right on the photo....I have seen many accidents there and it's just a matter of time before somebody is killed
            Agreed.

I mean, what eejit paid seventy grand in the first place?

Comment

They must be members here........it's fixed
              Attached Files

Comment

just like one of our "Super"Highways
                I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Rhetorical, I know.....!
                  Bejasus that looks grand,no holes,,,,ye should see our main roads,,,like patchwork quilts
                  I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

I wish whoever the member is that they'd have a look at the road up from me. The part I'm talking about started as a red speed ramp and could now be used by the army for teaching driving over rough terrain.
                    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Put the photos up here R.............maybe something'll be done.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                        apparently that reddish surface suffered as a result of the bad snow/ice. It was lifting and breaking up and potentially dangerous which is why it isbeen replaced by plain old tarmac!

Comment

What genius didn't do the research?

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                            apparently that reddish surface suffered as a result of the bad snow/ice. It was lifting and breaking up and potentially dangerous which is why it isbeen replaced by plain old tarmac!
                            I think it was like a light concrete mix with red dye through it. When the roads where salted in the snow/ice it took lumps out of the roads especially these ramps.There's a road over this way that was like this. The corpo fixed them all bar one with tar and left the one in the same state. The money must have run out.

Comment

I would still like to know who got the contract and who gave it to them, were they not told that we get ice and snow, and were they made come back and fix it ???

Comment

Working...
                              X