Whats that pub called now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats that pub called now ?

One time , the local boozers name was sacrosant . called by its original title no matter how many owners it had ,Now looking around Dublin a lot of the old names are being replaced , The Cappagh House in Finglas is now called Cappa Nua , what pub has changed its name in your area ? or an old one in Town.

McGoverns on Drumcondra rd....is now Quinns.......many a night I wanted to put a bomb in it.....
    Last edited by Pammy; 15-04-2012, 11:16 PM.
    It is what it is.

Comment

Mooneys in Crumlin Village is now called The Hub

Comment

The White Horse in Drimnagh is now called Marble Arch
        https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

Lysters is now called Smyths

Mc cauleys became Birchalls

Durkans became Mc Sorleys
          All in Ranelagh

Comment

Slattery's , that was at the top of Tyrconnell Park in Inchicore, oh and at one entrance to the Works,
            It is now called The Hideaway, but everyone still calls it Slatts.....
            It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
              Slattery's , that was at the top of Tyrconnell Park in Inchicore, oh and at one entrance to the Works,
              It is now called The Hideaway, but everyone still calls it Slatts.....
              everyone.......except, lord lucan...........
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

As its years since I drank, all of my locals... The Rose Bowl, Terry Kelly's, Gerry Nangles, Ryans (all Summerhill) as well as Gerry's, Meaghers (Moore St) and Mick's Bar, the Seven Stars (Parnell Street) have not just changed their names -- but have gone forever, many having been replaced by apartment or office blocks.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                  Lysters is now called Smyths

Mc cauleys became Birchalls

Durkans became Mc Sorleys
                  All in Ranelagh

Bo... Birchalls has been that as long as I can remember....course Im only 37...
                  It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                    Bo... Birchalls has been that as long as I can remember....course Im only 37...
                    What age were you when you started counting backwards Pammy ? .Anyway Birchalls took over MCGauleys about 1977 or so and trun all us long haired louts out , PH would probably have a better idea what year it was ,
                    Another pub in Finglas, The Village Inn became The Jolly Toper , most of the locals werent familiar with the word " toper " ,so it ended up being called the Jolly Topper ,

Comment

What age were you when you started counting backwards Pammy ? .Anyway Birchalls took over MCGauleys about 1977 or so and trun all us long haired louts out , PH would probably have a better idea what year it was ,
                      Another pub in Finglas, The Village Inn became The Jolly Toper , most of the locals werent familiar with the word " toper " ,so it ended up being called the Jolly Topper ,
                      I think I was tellin ya .... I have relations on Annaville just around the corner from Birchalls....I only knew it as that.......and I have been in the "Jolly Topper" Lol..........how come they cant pronounce Toper..........
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                        I think I was tellin ya .... I have relations on Annaville just around the corner from Birchalls....I only knew it as that.......and I have been in the "Jolly Topper" Lol..........how come they cant pronounce Toper..........
                        Ironically because they are too drunk Pam ,(and shudda went to Spec savers or Tunneys )

Comment

Ironically because they are too drunk Pam ,(and shudda went to Spec savers or Tunneys )
                          Well I was only there the oncet....that was enough.....
                          It is what it is.

Comment

[ATTACH]34807[/ATTACH]
                            This use to be called The Junction , corner of Cuffe St and Wexford St , you could rent out the rooms for parties , Their sales pitch was Have your function in The Junction ,

Comment

The Chariot Inn later Richard Crosbie Tavern in Ranelagh is now Superquinn.
                              Legendary Bass Player

Comment

Working...
                              X