Stair Lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stair Lift.

As you all know my mam was critical, anointed and very near death last week.....well she is coming home tomorow, which is great news, never mind a miracle.

But the problem is this.

Bout seven years ago I got a stair lift enstalled for her as she is not great on her legs. Ok the lift broke recently and I rang up this morning to make enquiries to have it fixed. Nobody will touch it cept the people who put it in ... in the first place. I was dumbfounded when I heard the price of the call out alone.....€200., and then an extra €90 for a battery.....which we think is the problem. Where in the name of God will an old person or an invalid get this kinda money....does anyone think this is total extortion??
    It is what it is.

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
    As you all know my mam was critical, anointed and very near death last week.....well she is coming home tomorow, which is great news, never mind a miracle.

But the problem is this.

Bout seven years ago I got a stair lift enstalled for her as she is not great on her legs. Ok the lift broke recently and I rang up this morning to make enquiries to have it fixed. Nobody will touch it cept the people who put it in ... in the first place. I was dumbfounded when I heard the price of the call out alone.....€200., and then an extra €90 for a battery.....which we think is the problem. Where in the name of God will an old person or an invalid get this kinda money....does anyone think this is total extortion??
    Can you tell us the fault? Perhaps you can get the battery and an old engineer with up and down experience could give advise as to the fitting,

If its just a battery replacement Pam and you can get one I wouldnt pay them that in a million years. They cant be too complicated. That is pure extortion.

Comment

But the problem is this.

after 7 years...yes it could possibly be the batteries.......can you get access to the batteries.......

have you left the lift on the charging point........

what make is it.....

and the batteries should be less than that.....you don't have to buy them off the lift company.......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Joe I asked them could I get my electician (friend) to put a battery in....I was told no....you can only get one from us....

Balleir Im not sure how to describe whats wrong with it....when its switched on there is a high pitched noise....it moves just a little then stops.....
        It is what it is.

Comment

Joe I asked them could I get my electician (friend) to put a battery in....I was told no....you can only get one from us....

Balleir Im not sure how to describe whats wrong with it....when its switched on there is a high pitched noise....it moves just a little then stops.....
          does it stop when going the other way.....

move it one way...then the other

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            does it stop when going the other way.....

move it one way...then the other
            Have done all that.....its now not moving at all......Im just so annoyed at this ridiculous call out charge....
            It is what it is.

Comment

Have my own ideas but Joseph is the expert on the lifts Pammy.

If you can get the battery details, Im sure it is possible to get them via the internet or an electrical supplier in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
                Have my own ideas but Joseph is the expert on the lifts Pammy.

If you can get the battery details, Im sure it is possible to get them via the internet or an electrical supplier in your area.
                Thanks so much....I will ask Ian to get the details and maybe he can fix it......I wasnt hintin at anyone to do anything....just so bloody annoyed at the price..
                It is what it is.

Comment

Thanks so much....I will ask Ian to get the details and maybe he can fix it......I wasnt hintin at anyone to do anything....just so bloody annoyed at the price..
                  pammy, i will be delighted to help if i can......

could you put up a photo.....

Comment

DOnt worry Pammy, we will have you goin up and down in no time......

Comment

Aw Pammy I hope you get it fixed soon,I'm sure anyone on here would be delighted to fix it for you ,if they could.We should all help each other out whenever possible.I am delighted your Mam is home again,and doing better!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                        Aw Pammy I hope you get it fixed soon,I'm sure anyone on here would be delighted to fix it for you ,if they could.We should all help each other out whenever possible.I am delighted your Mam is home again,and doing better!
                        Thanks Maire.....God we were planning her funeral....kid you not....but she's a tough old bird!!! lol
                        It is what it is.

Comment

DOnt worry Pammy, we will have you goin up and down in no time......
                          Yea speakin of.....me daughter says to me a couple of years ago....Ma dont get the stair lift taken out....when nan goes.....sure you'll be needin it soon....charming!!
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Yea speakin of.....me daughter says to me a couple of years ago....Ma dont get the stair lift taken out....when nan goes.....sure you'll be needin it soon....charming!!
                            Well you wont need it for ages but can ye imagine the fun the grandkids would have with it.

Comment

Well you wont need it for ages but can ye imagine the fun the grandkids would have with it.
                              can we have a photo....with pammy on on the chairlift....

Comment

Working...
                              X