Identity Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity Theft

Listened to a fella on the radio this morning talking about how he googled someones name and found out all kinds of stuff about them including their date of birth from the internet and social media sites etc. This was all within the law but he said if someone wanted to go a step further they could go with the date and get a birth cert in that persons name and on the cert would be the mothers maiden name which a lot of places ask as a security question. Bank acccounts and utility bills could then be opened in that name. It makes you think about what do you actually put on forums and places like facebook about yourself that you don't even think about when you do it.

I agree with you - people put on far too much info

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
      Listened to a fella on the radio this morning talking about how he googled someones name and found out all kinds of stuff about them including their date of birth from the internet and social media sites etc. This was all within the law but he said if someone wanted to go a step further they could go with the date and get a birth cert in that persons name and on the cert would be the mothers maiden name which a lot of places ask as a security question. Bank acccounts and utility bills could then be opened in that name. It makes you think about what do you actually put on forums and places like facebook about yourself that you don't even think about when you do it.
      my answer to that is.......i don't care who uses my name....if they get money or services in my name.....i can assure you i wont pay it back.....

i only deal in cash.......that cash is taken from a machine....either one of the four big banks.....or one of the four major supermarket chains......

i have not got a credit card........

and do not buy anything on hp.........
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

well i had my credit card compromised a couple of times..but not from internet banking... once by a gas station and the other time by a clothing store..places youd think it was ok to shop at....and ive been doing internet shopping and chatting since adam was a boy..

Comment

I try to always pay bills etc on time and luckily up to now have been able to pay my way so I would think my name would be in good standing. If anyone does not care about their good name fine that is their affair but I would not like my name to be sullyied by some scumbag out to make a fast buck on the back of it. Identity theft I would imagine is a hard thing to prove and get your good name back.

Comment

Working...
          X