smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking

during the war.........one of the few comforts for the soldiers was...to have a cigarette......sorely needed under some circumstances.......and even if they didn't smoke before they went into action.......most did afterwards.....

lots of those men are still alive.....

was it fair for the government to deprive such men, and some women....the comfort of a smoke and a pint with their mates in a pub......

or is it ok for this generation to say...........feck you...who cares
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    during the war.........one of the few comforts for the soldiers was...to have a cigarette......sorely needed under some circumstances.......and even if they didn't smoke before they went into action.......most did afterwards.....
    The American military have been looking at a smoking ban for their forces - but appear to have backed off for the time being. Over fifty per cent of US troops on overseas service now smoke - the percentage is higher again in combat units...

marlboroman.jpg
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

All soldiers are under stress, especially in war situations, the government needs to butt out of people's recreational affairs and stop being nannies to these people , they would be in a worse state if they were gumming for a cig give and couldn't get one I would think. I can't see it happening myself. There would be many people enlisting in a voluntary military, as it is here in the states!
      Last edited by maire; 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Very standard to meet retired & former U.S. military who used to smoke & now as civilians have quit. They get out, change cultures, and move on.

Gotta agree....especially when in a war zone let them have the cigs. I might prefer to smoke if stationed in a war zone, and sure I'd quit when I left.....can't explain it and can see the logic.

U.S. gov sells them to the soldiers in war zones super cheap....as it should be.
        I believe in.......

Comment

And on a similar note,how come you have to be 21 in this country to drink,yet you can go to war ,carry a gun, and kill a stranger legally? something wrong with that picture,in my opinion.Are you,or aren't you an adult at 18? if so let them drink at 18! The law is an ass!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Girl View Post
            Very standard to meet retired & former U.S. military who used to smoke & now as civilians have quit. They get out, change cultures, and move on.

Gotta agree....especially when in a war zone let them have the cigs. I might prefer to smoke if stationed in a war zone, and sure I'd quit when I left.....can't explain it and can see the logic.

U.S. gov sells them to the soldiers in war zones super cheap....as it should be.
            my own theory is.....that those that smoke under adverse conditions.....come out of it better........

that also applies to everyday problems of stress........imo
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Smoking is a filthy habit. I smoke but have regular showers ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                And on a similar note,how come you have to be 21 in this country to drink,yet you can go to war ,carry a gun, and kill a stranger legally? something wrong with that picture,in my opinion.Are you,or aren't you an adult at 18? if so let them drink at 18! The law is an ass!!
                Most cops will agree actually....hassle to have to enforce this for law enforcement. And, I had my first fake ID long before I turned 21....way that was.
                I believe in.......

Comment

My 2 sons were in the Army,,never smoked before enlisting,,,,now out in civvy's,they both smoke,,filthy habit,,,I asked them why they took up the terrible practice,,,,answer,,it was the "In" thing to do.
                  I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

I have no problem with people that smoke, its their choice, its my choice not to smoke, packed up over 3 years ago, some days I wish I had a ciggy, but it soon passes............... love the fact that my clothes smell fresh, and I used to smoke in my house, that does not need decorating as often either.
                    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

This is brilliant......card and smoking trick

maggies farm maggiesfarm maggies's farm politics blog political campaign new party goose obama geese gun guns conservative senator election mccain liberal congram campaign right left economics dog party american polls opinion independent bob dylan ads funny goverment news republicans california greenwich connecticut vermont debate political politics

Comment

How does he do it. amazing

Comment

I don't know H.....looked at it a couple of times and can't figure it out

Comment

I hate smoking myself,late Hubby smoked 2-3 packs a day,until about 3 yrs before he got esophageal cancer,this with 5 kids in home,and in the car when we traveled.Oddly enough,after he stopped,He couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes,and said,I don't know how you stood it all those years! sadly he was stage 4 when the cancer was discovered.The point I was making though, was when soldiers are in a war arena,and need a ciggie,nobody has the right to deny them a little comfort!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                              I hate smoking myself,late Hubby smoked 2-3 packs a day,until about 3 yrs before he got esophageal cancer,this with 5 kids in home,and in the car when we traveled.Oddly enough,after he stopped,He couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes,and said,I don't know how you stood it all those years! sadly he was stage 4 when the cancer was discovered.The point I was making though, was when soldiers are in a war arena,and need a ciggie,nobody has the right to deny them a little comfort!
                              very true, I think if I was in a battle situation I would reach for me smokes, or drugs, or drink, or anything that will dull the experience
                              https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

Working...
                              X