Me Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me Band

I have been persuaded to come out of retirement and join a band after 15 years away from playing music, heres a photo of us (me on the far left)
    I was very nervous on the audition, but I got through............. and was given a list of 30 songs to learn within 2 weeks............... my fingers feel like they have been trapped in a door ( guitarists will know what I mean) anyway we have our first booking this Saturday, Im very nervous at the thought, but excited at the same time, I just hope that everything goes well.... wish me luck, the lesson: Theres life in the old dog yet!

we are a Rock and Roll/ Rockabilly band
    Attached Files
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I have been persuaded to come out of retirement and join a band after 15 years away from playing music, heres a photo of us (me on the far left)
    I was very nervous on the audition, but I got through............. and was given a list of 30 songs to learn within 2 weeks............... my fingers feel like they have been trapped in a door ( guitarists will know what I mean) anyway we have our first booking this Saturday, Im very nervous at the thought, but excited at the same time, I just hope that everything goes well.... wish me luck, the lesson: Theres life in the old dog yet!

Fair dues Paddy... keep us posted as to how yiz get on...
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Paddy Im so very happy for you.....I know you love music just as I do....good luck with the band....hope all is well....
      It is what it is.

Comment

Thanks Cog, and Pam,

Comment

well done and the best of luck, you will not need it
          have fun and enjoy yourself and the crowd will love you and your band

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
            well done and the best of luck, you will not need it
            have fun and enjoy yourself and the crowd will love you and your band

show them paddy......well done..
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Great New's Paddy ..good luck and go knock em down .

Comment

Thanks a lot, maybe play yis a tune next time im over in Dublin

Comment

Good onya Paddy! (I'm starting my guitar lessons during the week so watch for for competition.)
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                    Good onya Paddy! (I'm starting my guitar lessons during the week so watch for for competition.)
                    thats brilliant Jim, tell you something, you will never regret it, I started playing when I was 17, and have had some great times............

Comment

thats brilliant Jim, tell you something, you will never regret it, I started playing when I was 17, and have had some great times............
                      I can play anything with keys, but I'm the only one in the family that can't play the guitar. My brother is going to teach me via Skype. He's in the US, but before he went one of the things that he and his wife did was teach guitar. It should be interesting trying to learn via Skype.
                      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Have fun Paddy that's the main thing. Can ya not play wearing gloves

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                          Have fun Paddy that's the main thing. Can ya not play wearing gloves
                          I probably will sound better wearing boxing gloves..................... lol

Comment

......don't do it Paddy - loose women, potent alcohol and late nights'll ruin yer skin.

Comment

Give it a lash Paddy.......hope it goes well for you
                              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                              X