Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football

I hate sports....football included....but im so happy you guys have your footy section ))) Good luck...this is probably the last post i'll make here heh

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    I hate sports....football included....but im so happy you guys have your footy section ))) Good luck...this is probably the last post i'll make here heh
    Hey...............thats what I was going to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy all you Sports fans and hope the "draw" today is a good one for Ireland.

Comment

I must make a shameful confession.

I'm a fair weather football fan. With GAA if the Dubs are doing well I'm one of their biggest fans. If Ireland seem to be doing okay (did we ever actually win a game in those last world cups?) I'm shouting loudest while a match is being played.

But if they're in the doldrums it's a case of "what football?" from me.

But my grandson though only 3 is a fan of Chelsea, so I suppose I'll have to join the Chelsea fan club for his sake.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

ireland play france on nov, 14th. at home.LETS DO IT LADS..............

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          I must make a shameful confession.

I'm a fair weather football fan. With GAA if the Dubs are doing well I'm one of their biggest fans. If Ireland seem to be doing okay (did we ever actually win a game in those last world cups?) I'm shouting loudest while a match is being played.

But if they're in the doldrums it's a case of "what football?" from me.

But my grandson though only 3 is a fan of Chelsea, so I suppose I'll have to join the Chelsea fan club for his sake.
          hey rashers. yes we won some games. we qualified for three world cups.
          italy was our best win in 94.

Comment

Originally posted by newtry View Post
            hey rashers. yes we won some games. we qualified for three world cups.
            italy was our best win in 94.
            I thought we qualified by drawn games. Just goes to show how much of a fan I am.

Comment

Did the Republic of Ireland qualify for the World Cup in South Africa?
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                Did the Republic of Ireland qualify for the World Cup in South Africa?
                Not yet boxman,we are in the play-offs against France over 2 legs.We are at home in the first leg on Nov 14th and in Paris on the 18th Nov,C'mon on you boys in Green!!!

Comment

Are we in with a lookin against the mighty French?

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                    Are we in with a lookin against the mighty French?
                    I dont think the French are that mighty anymore,still a good team with some good players,but they were not very impressive in their group stages.
                    I think if we can keep a clean sheet at home we're in with a great chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmymac View Post
                      I dont think the French are that mighty anymore,still a good team with some good players,but they were not very impressive in their group stages.
                      It'd be good not just for Irish football, but for national morale to see the glory days again.

Comment

The French team is aging. Ireland has a youngish squad. They do well aganist big teams but buckle and die under teams the think they are better.

I do not rate Duffer and O Shay - hoof the ball up the pitch. McGready is shite. A fiasco. Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmymac View Post
                          What's this playoff stage Jimmy, do they not qualify from their groups anymore?
                          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                            What's this playoff stage Jimmy, do they not qualify from their groups anymore?
                            Only the teams that finish top of their groups go straight into the finals.The best 8 runners up go into the play off stages.

Comment

Originally posted by michelene
                              Will have a look at Celtic tonight on TV3e, im a glutton for punishment.
                              Same here lol C'mon the Hoops

Comment

Working...
                              X