Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finglas Slideshow

Howyez,

For some strange reason I got it into my head that I'd like to produce and publish on YouTube a slideshow of old, new and in between Photos of Finglas. Yes I know there are a number of slideshows out there already but I want to make this one the biggest and the best hopefully. A lot of the slideshow already available show a mixture of the same photos and while mine will feature a lot of the same photos I call on all members to submit any photos they may have taken around the Finglas area to post them on here and permit me to use them in this project. Obviously I would like the photos to be as large as possible (within the guidelines of this website) - It doesn't matter about the quality of the photos ... I will use my very limited Photoshop skills to clean them up as best I can before publishing them.

C'mon everyone get behind this little tribute to the Finglas we all know and love. I'm just looking for general photos - landmarks, streets, houses etc to show the difference in Finglas over the years. If anyone feels uncomfortable posting photos directly to here they can forward them to me directly to my email address - tbruen@optusnet.com.au

Thanks to all in advance.

welcome Tom

there are some photos on this link
    not sure if it still works

Comment

Thanks Bigby - That link still works - I have a lot of the photos on there already but there are some I haven't got. I don't want to infringe on anyone's copyright so I'm seeking permission to use photos but I don't always know who owns the copyright. I have downloaded a few photos and cleaned them up a bit using my limited Photoshop skills. See samples attached. Love for others to post photos here and allow me to use them.
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not own any old photos sorry

Comment

Here's one for you..... Kildonan Aerodrome Finglas.
          Attached Files
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks Rashers.... Much appreciate it. I love your nickname - I must dig out Strumpet City and watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Bruen View Post
              Thanks Rashers.... Much appreciate it. I love your nickname - I must dig out Strumpet City and watch it again.
              Get the book if you haven't already got it. Great read.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                Here's one for you..... Kildonan Aerodrome Finglas.
                What year was that rashers, I must have been down the village at the time.?
                today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

I bekieve this is Finglas , De La salle school , confirmation , you may allready have it
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great photo Andy..full of life.
                    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Great photos lads.....i recognise a few

Comment

Great one of the De-La Salle schoolboys.
                        I don't suppose there are any names, or a year?

Rare.

Comment

I believe mid sixties, I would love to research that school , it had a great history under the brothers , no so sure what direction it is taking now, I believe it has been expanded into another concrete bunker that modern architecture gives us these days,

Comment

Originally posted by Andy B View Post
                            I believe mid sixties, I would love to research that school , it had a great history under the brothers , no so sure what direction it is taking now, I believe it has been expanded into another concrete bunker that modern architecture gives us these days,
                            Correction...It had a terrible history under the brothers. Well I did anyway.
                            Especially brother Frederick.

Rare.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                              What year was that rashers, I must have been down the village at the time.?
                              I think it was in the '30s.

Comment

Working...
                              X