Dublin Draft Developement Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dublin Draft Developement Plan

For anyone interested the proposed plan will be on display in various venues in Jan/Feb, Will post info when I have confirmation, but I do know it is in Cabra Library in Jan and Feb, and there will be somone from planning in the library in Feb to answer questions. There are quite a few changes one of the most contentious is obviously the new height strategy. Low rise will be anything up to 8 stories, medium to 15, high to 20 and after that super high rise!!!! At present these monstrosities are proposed for designated areas but if it is approved in the final draft you will find in the next Dev Plan it is extended to other areas. Something you should be aware of, at the vote by councilors, because of political wheedling, Labour voted for (even though some lab. cllrs were against), Fine Gael abstained, and Fianna Fail and others voted against - Labour hold the majority in the Council Chamber so because F G abstained the strategy was approved.
    The last chance to block this and other changes is to put in a submission before March, so, if you or any of your neighbours are interested or want any further info PM me.

nst - Labour hold the majority in the Council Chamber so because F G abstained the strategy was approved.
    The last chance to block this and other changes is to put in a submission before March, so, if you or any of your neighbours are interested or want any further info PM me.[/QUOTE]

You are so right to highlight this, Wombles.

There have been too many instances ( apart from the pitiful handful thrown up by the Tribunal) where the good of the people, ( Aesthetic and otherwise ), has been allowed to be 'sold down the river' by interested parties.

( Interested, that is, in speculation and accumulation of wealth at the expense of the good taste and living conditions of the people living in the areas concerned )

Comment

Thanks Dave for answering my request for an Environment thread. xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        Thanks Dave for answering my request for an Environment thread. xxxx
        No probs Dolores it should have been included in the original set up, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

The Draft Plan will be on public display from 21st December, 2009 to 12th March 2010 incl and members of the public are entitled to make submissions to DCC during this period. The Draft Plan will be displayed in area offices, civic centres and libraries throughout the city during this period. A notice will appear in the Irish Times tomorrow setting out the public displays etc.

Comment

If any of you are interested or know someone in your community who may be interested, there will be a public meeting held in the Sports Centre, John Paul Park (The Bogies) at 2pm on Saturday 27th February. There are many things in the Plan which will affect all of us for years to come and the closing date for submissions is looming and this is an opportunity to have any questions answered. There will be people there from 1pm if you just want to get contact lists and suggested points for objection.

Comment

Working...
            X