Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax.......

why do we pay tax.......

should the government run their own business's on a prifitable basis to provide services for the population......

we have over 600 hundred MP's in the uk........most of them doing absolutely nothing.......

could the political parties compete with each other.....on a free market basis...then we could see who provides the best services.....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    why do we pay tax.......

should the government run their own business's on a prifitable basis to provide services for the population......

we have over 600 hundred MP's in the uk........most of them doing absolutely nothing.......

could the political parties compete with each other.....on a free market basis...then we could see who provides the best services.....
    Do you mean services like health and education? Personally, I hate all this
    privatisation stuff.....mainly because i'm sick of people coming to the door
    offering cheaper gas, electricity and so on.....I preferred it when i just went
    down to the British Gas showroom with my chequebook....it's all too complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Do you mean services like health and education? Personally, I hate all this
      privatisation stuff.....mainly because i'm sick of people coming to the door
      offering cheaper gas, electricity and so on.....I preferred it when i just went
      down to the British Gas showroom with my chequebook....it's all too complicated.

you need to get out more.....

we pay the government to provide services.......

but the opposition always know the answers, let them both provide the service, and we buy what is best....

Comment

i agree katie...the utilities and essential services should not be privatized....and given the ok to set their own prices....raise them at will.....and generally decide how to regulate them......

Comment

If essential services such as healthcare were to be run on a profit-making basis, i believe the standard of care would suffer, and the less well-to-would be penalised by not being able to afford the same quality of care as their more prosperous neighbours....

Comment

If essential services such as healthcare were to be run on a profit-making basis, i believe the standard of care would suffer, and the less well-to-would be penalised by not being able to afford the same quality of care as their more prosperous neighbours....
            according to sick days taken off......we seem to have the unhealthest people
            in the country, working for the nhs and the government....

Comment

according to sick days taken off......we seem to have the unhealthest people
              in the country, working for the nhs and the government....
              maybe they're just stressed......
              If as you suggest these services were run as private businesses, how would they be regulated? How could you ensure that standards were kept at an
              acceptable level across the board? With profits being brought into the equation, wouldn't the system be open to abuse and corners be cut, to maximise profits?

Comment

maybe they're just stressed......
                If as you suggest these services were run as private businesses, how would they be regulated? How could you ensure that standards were kept at an
                acceptable level across the board? With profits being brought into the equation, wouldn't the system be open to abuse and corners be cut, to maximise profits?
                the customer regulates the businees....by going elsewhere....

we are inundated by regulators at the present moment.....yet, hospitals are not up to standard......

it is safer to run across the motorway, than go into some hospitals.....

yes, it is stressfull to have all those days of......daytime telly does that....

Comment

government services cannot be up to standard........the opposition reckon they can do a better job......

Comment

the customer regulates the businees....by going elsewhere....

we are inundated by regulators at the present moment.....yet, hospitals are not up to standard......

it is safer to run across the motorway, than go into some hospitals.....

yes, it is stressfull to have all those days of......daytime telly does that....
                    If you were in need of healthcare, could you really be bothered shopping around to find the best service? And as an ordinary member of Joe (Quinn) Public, how would you know you were getting the best service?

What "days off" are you talking about? Do you not think people are entitled
                    to annual leave?

Comment

government services cannot be up to standard........the opposition reckon they can do a better job......
                      the opposition will always reckon they can do a better job - that's in their
                      job description.

Comment

some people get a lot of sick days as part of their entitlements and they take them, they do not have to prove they are sick

Comment

the opposition will always reckon they can do a better job - that's in their
                          job description.
                          well, let them prove it........you may like paying for a load of hot air....i don't want my grandchildren to pay for it.......

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                            some people get a lot of sick days as part of their entitlements and they take them, they do not have to prove they are sick
                            if the are in the private sector....it is none of my business.....if i have to pay, then as a shareholder,,,,i want that to stop immediastely...

Comment

well, let them prove it........you may like paying for a load of hot air....i don't want my grandchildren to pay for it.......
                              Your grandchildren will have to pay for their healthcare one way or another,
                              whether through tax or privately......what would be the benefit to them
                              of privatising healthcare?

Comment

Working...
                              X