Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador

I see Julian Assange is holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy seeking asylum. He doesn't want to go to Sweden because he says the US is after him. Would the US not get a better hearing extradition-wise in the UK...allies in the war against terror and all that??
    Such is life - Ned Kelly

Originally posted by boxman View Post
    I see Julian Assange is holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy seeking asylum. He doesn't want to go to Sweden because he says the US is after him. Would the US not get a better hearing extradition-wise in the UK...allies in the war against terror and all that??
    the us has a special extradition agreement with the uk.....as has the uk with the us......

i am not really interested what happens to him.....sounds a bit guilty to me though....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I think he's being set up by the US. They want to get him because he released details of their "dirty tricks" brigade, stuff they didn't want to get out.
      Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
        I think he's being set up by the US. They want to get him because he released details of their "dirty tricks" brigade, stuff they didn't want to get out.
        i don't know if he broke any laws in that respect.....

dirty tricks brigades...are there, and always will be.....i don't see a problem, if he hasn't mentioned names....or put lives in danger.....

it all eventually comes out......

Comment

If he's afraid of extradition to the US, why is he fighting extradition to Sweden? As was mentioned earlier, it seems it may be easier to extradite from the UK to the US. I've also read that Ecuador has an extradition treaty with the US, does Sweden have an extradition treaty with Ecuador? I don't know this Assange bloke, but I don't like his methods and his double standards. I reckon he just doesn't want to go to Sweden, the rest is a beat up.
          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

If he's afraid of extradition to the US, why is he fighting extradition to Sweden? As was mentioned earlier, it seems it may be easier to extradite from the UK to the US. I've also read that Ecuador has an extradition treaty with the US, does Sweden have an extradition treaty with Ecuador? I don't know this Assange bloke, but I don't like his methods and his double standards. I reckon he just doesn't want to go to Sweden, the rest is a beat up.
            Maybe we could offer him asylum here on .net Boxman... give him his own thread. Let Rashers sort out the FBI...
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
              Maybe we could offer him asylum here on .net Boxman... give him his own thread. Let Rashers sort out the FBI...
              would he not give away our secrets............

Comment

incognito like!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                  would he not give away our secrets............
                  Both of them ?? We'd be ruined...

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    incognito like!!
                    lol..........he would be welcome in dublin....

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
                      I agree

Comment

Again I ask if that is the case why has the US not sought his extradition from the UK?
                        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Not too sure but I know there is support for him here. There are laws for extridation from the UK to the US but few, and maybe none from the US to the UK. Maybe if a reciprocal treaty existed it might happen?

Comment

Again I ask if that is the case why has the US not sought his extradition from the UK?
                            He hasn't been prosecuted for anything yet in the US that I'm aware of....

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                              He hasn't been prosecuted for anything yet in the US that I'm aware of....
                              No he is wanted in Sweden I think on alleged rape charges and the laws in sweden mean he can be more easily extridated to the Us where there are no charges pending. I just think he is wanted because he is prepared to publish stuff that the poweres thaat be be want him not to publish

Comment

Working...
                              X