Permission sought for Orange parade in Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission sought for Orange parade in Dublin

A senior member of the Orange Order has appealed to the Government for permission to parade in Dublin.

Grand secretary Drew Nelson, who made history today when he became the first member of the organisation to address the Seanad, said Ireland would be a poorer place if the order’s cultural heritage disappeared.

He also suggested the State had failed to look after Protestant communities in the border counties compared to the way the British government looked after Catholics in the North.

MORE.....
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
    A senior member of the Orange Order has appealed to the Government for permission to parade in Dublin.

Grand secretary Drew Nelson, who made history today when he became the first member of the organisation to address the Seanad, said Ireland would be a poorer place if the order’s cultural heritage disappeared.

He also suggested the State had failed to look after Protestant communities in the border counties compared to the way the British government looked after Catholics in the North.

MORE.....
    yes, the orange order should be allowed to march in dublin.......

but should they make the decision to do so.......no.....it is not the time yet.
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I dont think at all the orange order should be allowed parade at all.......much less in dublin....have you ever been at one of their parades? seen the reasons behind them and their taunting?? I hope the answer to their request was a huge fat fast NO.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        I dont think at all the orange order should be allowed parade at all.......much less in dublin....have you ever been at one of their parades? seen the reasons behind them and their taunting?? I hope the answer to their request was a huge fat fast NO.......
        should the south be accused of behaving like they did......i don't think so......

the republic.....should, and must hold the high ground in this matter.....

the future of the island depends on the reaction of the republic to the fact that these people exist......

the orange order is well aware of what it has been...and to a certain extent still is...........

maybe the day will come when when it will have carnival status...to be enjoyed by all.....now is not that day......

Comment

the orange order are totally aware lol..thats the big problem....dont imagine it will ever get to the day this is regarded as a carnival fun day for all...and hey the south never did behave like they did..i think the orange order should be banned..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
            the orange order are totally aware lol..thats the big problem....dont imagine it will ever get to the day this is regarded as a carnival fun day for all...and hey the south never did behave like they did..i think the orange order should be banned..
            well you can have your opinion.....banning things is what causes trouble....

trouble is the last thing the irish people need..now, and in the future.....

we can either have a civil war.....protestant versus catholic....or a happy united ireland....they hold the key....i think they will choose the latter...

Comment

If it happens I will not be around. Look what happened in 2006

Comment

I will not be around either

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                  If it happens I will not be around. Look what happened in 2006
                  http://www.indymedia.ie/article/74504
                  yes jg....it should not happen.......and the orange order should know that..

they are well aware vthe are being abandoned by the uk.....and they are well aware it is only they who are to blame.....

demands should not be on their lips at this present time....

Comment

i dont normally do cut and paste.....but wikki has a ton of stuff on the orange order....this one resounds with me..

irish nationalists and Catholics often liken the Orange Order marching through their neighbourhoods with the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) marching through an African American neighbourhood.[100][101] The Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association, identifying with the American civil rights movement, described them as "Britain's Ku Klux Klan" who wrote to Fionnbarra Ó Dochartaigh
                    “ We viewed the [Orange Order] as similar to the KKK – so bare-faced and confident enough in the bigoted status quo that they wore bowler hats and sashes rather than white robes and pointed hoods.[102]

Comment

Can anyone tell me "What is the Purpose of the Orange Order" Are they some sort of a Political Party.

Comment

Originally posted by mickjoe View Post
                        Can anyone tell me "What is the Purpose of the Orange Order" Are they some sort of a Political Party.
                        not sure mj.....but the way they strut about.....they think they are all vererans from the battle of the boyne......

a battle fought mainly by foreigners................mostly mercenaries....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                          not sure mj.....but the way they strut about.....they think they are all vererans from the battle of the boyne......

a battle fought mainly by foreigners................mostly mercenaries....
                          And the guy that lead them... the heroic figure on the horse that you see on their gable ends was in fact a small Dutchman (King William of Orange) that couldn't speak a word of English. His troops were mainly Prussian mercenaries.
                          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                            And the guy that lead them... the heroic figure on the horse that you see on their gable ends was in fact a small Dutchman (King William of Orange) that couldn't speak a word of English. His troops were mainly Prussian mercenaries.
                            yes rashers...brought to england by a group of london businessmen (hence londonderry)......

ireland has suffered greatly...by backing the wrong english kings.....

englands greatest fear was.....catholic france and spain.......countries that were not prepared to risk much for ireland.......

we made terrible mistakes by thinking that they would......

Comment

Sinn Féin would 'not be hostile' to Dublin Orange Order parade

Sinn Féin has said that it would "not be hostile" to the Orange Order holding a parade in Dublin, but the right to march must be balanced with the rights of community.

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X