The gun lobby in the states.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gun lobby in the states.

How many more massacres will be hear about especially in the States?. It is in their 2nd amendment that they have the right to carry, well it seems almost any weapon. It appears everyone and their dog has a gun and know how to use it. I heard that since the latest killings more people have applied for concealed weapons. In Australia we had a massacre in 1996 and the government acted quickly and asked people to hand over semi automatics etc. Some said this was playing into the hands of criminals who would keep theirs. My point is I could not see myself shooting anybody, so I would not want the temptation of having a gun.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Any criminal who wants a gun can get one , The gun buy back scheme was for licenced gun users .

The crims held on to guns, just about every morning news on any day in Sydney reports drive by shootings,

Comment

In the UK it's commom for gun battles to take place on the streets and many an innocent bystander has been killed. Teenage gun battles are also commomplace and they see killing as a badge on honour. I don't think for one moment that we will ever see an end to this.There are too many guns out there and any headbanger who wants to, can get his hands on one. There are always people prepared to procure and sell guns.
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
        In the UK it's commom for gun battles to take place on the streets and many an innocent bystander has been killed. Teenage gun battles are also commomplace and they see killing as a badge on honour. I don't think for one moment that we will ever see an end to this.There are too many guns out there and any headbanger who wants to, can get his hands on one. There are always people prepared to procure and sell guns.
        jembo...i think most of those incidents are drug related...like the recent one in bristol.....

money for guns seems to be no problem for these people...
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          jembo...i think most of those incidents are drug related...like the recent one in bristol.....

money for guns seems to be no problem for these people...
          A lot to do with teenage gangs and "turf wars"

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
            A lot to do with teenage gangs and "turf wars"

yes, i lived in london in the sixties.......but have spent most of my life living in villages.....

i missed all the excitement....

Comment

me too,hackney,shoreditch and leytonstone in 50/early60 and country for the remainder.

Comment

SS, why do you care about the gun laws in the US? (I know that sounds rude - I don't mean it to be - I'm just curious) I hear this whenever there's a shooting here. "The Yanks think it's the wild west" blah blah blah "Why don't they crack down"... People who live by the law actually have to fill out a lot of paper work and get finger printed in most states to own a gun. There are 300 million people in this country. One mass murder is too many - however, considering how many truly pissed off people live here I'm surprised there aren't more. I do not like guns. They terrify me - however I would never agree with taking guns away from people who can purchase them legally. For every arsehole, there are hundreds who act responsibly. And yes, the criminals will always find a way. If it's not guns, it's pertrol bombs, or knives, or IEDs... Where there is a will, sadly there is a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                  SS, why do you care about the gun laws in the US? (I know that sounds rude - I don't mean it to be - I'm just curious) I hear this whenever there's a shooting here. "The Yanks think it's the wild west" blah blah blah "Why don't they crack down"... People who live by the law actually have to fill out a lot of paper work and get finger printed in most states to own a gun. There are 300 million people in this country. One mass murder is too many - however, considering how many truly pissed off people live here I'm surprised there aren't more. I do not like guns. They terrify me - however I would never agree with taking guns away from people who can purchase them legally. For every arsehole, there are hundreds who act responsibly. And yes, the criminals will always find a way. If it's not guns, it's pertrol bombs, or knives, or IEDs... Where there is a will, sadly there is a way.
                  eileen, that is very true......maybe it's because it alway comes up on the news when something like this happens......

it is a shocking thing to happen anywhere.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                    Eileen ... I have to say I agree with every word ye say there ... Stricter gun laws havnt stopped any of the head cases in other countries ... Ye've only got to look at your man in Norway last year ... Then there's the ones in England over the years ... Hungerford ... Dunblayne ... Your man in Cumbria a couple of years ago ... The nut cases always seem to find a way ...

Comment

Most of the criminals,or probably all the criminals that have
                      guns in this country get their guns after getting involved in
                      crime and as people say there is no problem getting a gun if you
                      are involved in crime.the difference with your man in america
                      is he was not a criminal and would probably not be a criminal
                      now if he could not buy a gun so easily.

Comment

Do you know what he had to do in order to purchase those weapons? I don't live in Colorado, so I don't know what the law is there. (although, I suppose I could look it up...)

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                          ...the difference with your man in america
                          is he was not a criminal and would probably not be a criminal
                          now if he could not buy a gun so easily.
                          I disagree. He wanted to hurt people. He would have found a way with or without a gun. His attack took planning. This was not something he decided to do that day - he planned it and that took time. One of the murdered woman had recently been in a mall in Canada when there was a shooting rampage. Why was it 'more wrong' because it was in the US? (I'm not picking on Canada!!!)

Comment

I agree with Eileen , easy to point the finger when you don't live there. Personally I hate guns, although both of my Sons own some, to protect their family they say. I have never felt unsafe in this country in all the yeas I have lived here, even though I now live alone and I'm 67 yrs old. But if I ever did feel that way I like to think I could be as armed as anyone who broke into my home!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                              I agree with Eileen , easy to point the finger when you don't live there. Personally I hate guns, although both of my Sons own some, to protect their family they say. I have never felt unsafe in this country in all the yeas I have lived here, even though I now live alone and I'm 67 yrs old. But if I ever did feel that way I like to think I could be as armed as anyone who broke into my home!
                              maire, i am pleased you don't feel so afraid.......

there are odds in this life....they are usually in your favour....

somebody said to me one day.....i wouldnt live in london it's too dangerous....

so i said why....they said, well villages are safer......but, i said there was a murder in this village 5 years ago.....and as a percentaghe of population.....they would have to have 10,000 murders in london to eaqual this village....

Comment

Working...
                              X