Maeve Binchy RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maeve Binchy RIP

Just heard popular Irish writer Maeve Binchy has died aged 72...

binchy.jpg
    Everything is self-evident.

More here...

Binchy, whose stories focused on small-town Irish life and included the novel Circle of Friends, died after a short illness
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Just heard popular Irish writer Maeve Binchy has died aged 72...

[ATTACH]38084[/ATTACH]
      What a pistol

Comment

I don't read fiction, but I always felt that she was such a lady in interviews.

Comment

You didnt see the interviews i saw lol................But she was a great and honest person ,told it as it was.................r.i.p

Comment

Sad at the passing of a very interesting lady. May she be at peace now.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

i have read some of maeves books. may she R>I>P

Comment

R.I.P.....Maeve Binchy.....beautiful lady
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by mai View Post
                  i have read some of maeves books. may she R>I>P
                  metoo, but only really liked "Evening Class".....Maeve said she got a lot of
                  her inspiration from listening to people's conversations on the bus!

RIP Maeve

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    metoo, but only really liked "Evening Class".....Maeve said she got a lot of
                    her inspiration from listening to people's conversations on the bus!

RIP Maeve

I was just discussing Maeve with a work mate here and she reckoned Maeve had heart problems or something but she sure was talented. Some of her novels were unputdownable and great for reading on holidays lol. She will live on through her novels. RIP Maeve.
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Such a sad loss on so many levels. I loved Maeves perception of people, she noticed what others did not and was then able to convey this image to her reader. She was a LADY...yes in capitals! She suffered a huge amount of pain for the best part of 35 years with extreme arthritis and more recently has spent a lot of time in hospital with other complications, and through it all never lost her sense of humour. Maeve was responsible for what I imagine must be a fairly unique little club....she regularly had girlie get-togethers of all the other Irish female writers where they could gripe, support or slag each other!
                      May you rest in peace Maeve, you will be sadly missed not only by Gordon but all your readers.

Comment

Amen Womble,She was in a class of Her own.My Girls and I will miss the thrill of looking forward to her new books.We feel like we lost a good friend.Rest in peace dear Lady,and thank you for all your beautifully written books!

Comment

Lovely words Womblemum.
                          My Condolences to Her Husband Gordon, and to all of Her Family, Friends and the thousands of Her readers throughout the World.
                          Rest in Peace Maeve.

Comment

“If you had your time all over again....? She was keen to know.

You can't rewrite history. I have no idea what I'd do.”
                            ― Maeve Binchy, Tara Road

Comment

Aw I am sad to hear about maeve I read and reread all her books and enjoyed them all R.I.P Maeve

Comment

Working...
                              X