car washing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car washing....

in the last few years....i have noticed less and less people washing their cars in driveways and at the side of the road....

but i have noticed more and more car wash places opening up, and even in supermarket car parks there are many people getting their car washed while they go shopping...

is this a recession thing.....

the less money people have to spend, the more they like to spend money on washing cars....???????
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

im afraid im just lazy i go shopping and come out my car is clean

Comment

Originally posted by mai View Post
      im afraid im just lazy i go shopping and come out my car is clean
      it is a strange human behavior........being pleased when their car looks sparkling.....

Comment

it creates employment. If we all kept our money in our pockets there would be no work for anyone.

Comment

Maybe when you take the time spent washing and the cost of the Water (rates) it is more viable to have it done at car wash, just depends on how you value your own time!!! lol..that's why I don't iron or wash cars......

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
            Maybe when you take the time spent washing and the cost of the Water (rates) it is more viable to have it done at car wash, just depends on how you value your own time!!! lol..that's why I don't iron or wash cars......
            I dont iron cars either.....or anythin else come to that...
            It is what it is.

Comment

Do you wash yours yourself Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                Do you wash yours yourself Joe?
                yes of course.....but not very often, kath cleans the inside....

sometime i even wash kath's car.....but,even less often.....

she does bring it into the car wash as well...

Comment

I put my car through a car wash every 2 years before the NCT
                  rest of the time it stays dirty

Comment

after i come home from the sticks my car is always dirty it hasnt been cleaned yet

Comment

I have had cars,pick-up trucks,maxi-cabs,i tons,vans,four wheel drives,you name it and i am flucked if i ever washed them...i refuse.
                      I had a i ton ford diesel,brand new(what with the tax write off and all lol) and the only wash it ever got was when it rained or some wino pissed on it when i left it in a lane in toronto while we were working.
                      That beauty had more than a million klms on it when i flogged it to a young lad in scarborough who wanted it for its engine as the body was falling apart.
                      I had an 1976 gm crewcab that i was stopped going up the 400 to barrie and the cop asked me how long i had been driving, and i quote"this cancer" as the body was waving goodbye but the engine was fine.
                      I told him i had beeen driving to toronto from barrie and bac k forn a couple ofm yrs and never got stopped as i was always in rush hour and that i was waiting to get a new truck which was on order and all the lads that worked for me in the truck told him the same story,which was true.
                      He gave me his card and told me to show it any cop that stopped me untill i got my new truck even though the mouthy little rookie prickkkkk cop with him wanted to give me a ticket.

So my advice to anyone is.............dont bother to wash your vehicle,let nature take its course.

Comment

Working...
                      X