Mozilla Firefox won't display videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox won't display videos

I have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox installed but since yesterday it won't display Youtube videos, either in Youtube or embedded videos on sites.

I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash (at the time it was 11.3) a couple of days ago. When the problem appeared I downloaded the latest version, which is now 11.4. But the problem remains.

This is a known problem. Firefox Help says "Flash 11.3 crashes more frequently than previous versions of Flash. Updating to the latest version of Flash should fix this issue for most people." But it doesn't work for me.

Anyone else got this problem?

IE works fine, but I don't want to keep switching browsers.
    Do what you love - love what you do.

I had this problem a while back AD not sure how I fixed it. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I think it corrected itself after a while. I had the two browsers open at the same time to view youtube videos

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
      I have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox installed but since yesterday it won't display Youtube videos, either in Youtube or embedded videos on sites.

I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash (at the time it was 11.3) a couple of days ago. When the problem appeared I downloaded the latest version, which is now 11.4. But the problem remains.

This is a known problem. Firefox Help says "Flash 11.3 crashes more frequently than previous versions of Flash. Updating to the latest version of Flash should fix this issue for most people." But it doesn't work for me.

Are your add-ons up to date, have you updated your Java yet to the latest version, try that and see will it help the situation.

Comment

Have a look here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/747269
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          Hello Rashers I know I am only a mere Junior Member around here and you are a Super Duper Moderator here, but have you even bothered to read the link that you posted here to Auld Decency, that link says this......

This thread was closed. Please ask a new question if you need help.

The replies on it are 2 years old, it is like one of the threads that you lock when there is no more interest in the question. Surely you could come up with a bit better than that for the man. Just my opinion like.

Comment

The support question referred to was solved 2 months ago, but your problem may be included in the thread there that ran for around 2 years.

I hope you find what you need.
            'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

The support question referred to was solved 2 months ago, but your problem may be included in the thread there that ran for around 2 years.

I hope you find what you need.
              Rashers as I have said in my previous post FireFox latest was released on September the 6th ...so the problem Auld Decency is having is a new one so it cannot have been solved two months ago because he is having it now in the Latest version of FireFox.

Comment

I uploaded a new update of the Flash player that seems to have been released yesterday and everything seems to be back in order (touch wood!).

Comment

Just for future reference, updating the flash and operating system SW did not solve the problem. The problem seems to have been caused by an ad-blocker, which I had installed as a Mozilla plug-in. I disabled the ad-blocker and haven't had any problems so far (touch wood!).

Comment

i had the same prob....then saw something on yahoo that firefox were having problems and were trying to fix them...still cant play the videos though

Comment

AD;I installed Mozilla Firefox a couple of weeks ago,and I had all kinds of trouble with everything I tried to do.I uninstalled it after 2 days.I'm back in business again.

Comment

firefox is shite..

Comment

Working...
                        X