work to rule....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work to rule....

teachers in the uk.....are threatening to work to rule.....

does this mean that at present......they break the rules..?????
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post

Quinner have a kit kat ..........please!!!
    It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
      Quinner have a kit kat ..........please!!!
      yes pammy..........it took me three seconds to write that post....i am shattered......lol..

Comment

lol have another one joe x

Comment

Originally posted by Deirdre View Post
          lol have another one joe x
          Hi Dee ... hope you keepin ok x
          It is what it is.

Comment

Quinner .. If your havin a giraffe about the term work to rule .. Fair enough .. The only thing I'll say is .. Two of my daughters are teachers in the UK .. One of them is a deputy head .. They work bloody hard and put in a lot of extra hours that they don't have to by their terms of employment .. If you're sayin that teachers don't work hard enough and have a cushy number .. I'll have to part company with ye on that one ..

Comment

Originally posted by bermo View Post
              Quinner .. If your havin a giraffe about the term work to rule .. Fair enough .. The only thing I'll say is .. Two of my daughters are teachers in the UK .. One of them is a deputy head .. They work bloody hard and put in a lot of extra hours that they don't have to by their terms of employment .. If you're sayin that teachers don't work hard enough and have a cushy number .. I'll have to part company with ye on that one ..
              That's true Bermo....not only that, but they're under constant pressure from
              offsted inspections etc.....a friend of mine gave it up as she found it so stressful after teaching for over 20 years. Definitely not a cushy number.

Comment

NO!!! It does not, it means they work within their roster, no overtime etc. Similar happened here within our Civil service & teacher unions in the past few years. I too worked to rule, ie doing as instructed by my union & not taking on work from the fat cats above me.
                Last edited by Suzieq; 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                  Hi Dee ... hope you keepin ok x
                  thanks Pam , every day is differant now some day's better then others Thanks again xxx

Comment

[QUOTE=bermo;196665]Quinner .. If your havin a giraffe about the term work to rule .. Fair enough .. The only thing I'll say is .. Two of my daughters are teachers in the UK .. One of them is a deputy head .. They work bloody hard and put in a lot of extra hours that they don't have to by their terms of employment .. If you're sayin that teachers don't work hard enough and have a cushy number .. I'll have to part company with ye on that one ..[/QUO

thanks for that bermo.....

for obvious reasons, i have no idea what teachers do......

whe union announced that they were going to work to rule.....

i thought......surely they work to rule at the moment....school only functions if the rules are adhered to.....

my opinion about hours.....would be that they work 39 hours x 47 minus
                    bank holidays.....hours worked beyond that...should be paid as overtime....

if some of that was at home ....it would not concern me...

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;196670]
                      Originally posted by bermo View Post
                      Quinner .. If your havin a giraffe about the term work to rule .. Fair enough .. The only thing I'll say is .. Two of my daughters are teachers in the UK .. One of them is a deputy head .. They work bloody hard and put in a lot of extra hours that they don't have to by their terms of employment .. If you're sayin that teachers don't work hard enough and have a cushy number .. I'll have to part company with ye on that one ..[/QUO

thanks for that bermo.....

for obvious reasons, i have no idea what teachers do......

whe union announced that they were going to work to rule.....

i thought......surely they work to rule at the moment....school only functions if the rules are adhered to.....

my opinion about hours.....would be that they work 39 hours x 47 minus
                      bank holidays.....hours worked beyond that...should be paid as overtime....

if some of that was at home ....it would not concern me...
                      A lot of other workers in different professions are taking a knock back with cuts in hours-overtime-wage freezes -and the likes. All the other workers,from the garbage collectors & street cleaners are just important as teachers, so why should teachers be treated any different.
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

[QUOTE=jembo;196674]

A lot of other workers in different professions are taking a knock back with cuts in hours-overtime-wage freezes -and the likes. All the other workers,from the garbage collectors & street cleaners are just important as teachers, so why should teachers be treated any different.

they should not be.....they are not special.

Comment

[QUOTE=jembo;196674]

Two wrongs don't make a right, surely?

Comment

[QUOTE=KatieMorag;196678]
                            Originally posted by jembo View Post

Two wrongs don't make a right, surely?
                            there are no wrongs involved.......what the country can afford is what matters....

Comment

[QUOTE=quinner;196681]
                              Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post

there are no wrongs involved.......what the country can afford is what matters....
                              I go along with that.
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                              X