very strange.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very strange.....

what turns an old familiar area....that, once gave you a warm safe feeling.....and now gives you a cold very strange feeling......

yet, it is the same area, with some changes.
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    what turns an old familiar area....that, once gave you a warm safe feeling.....and now gives you a cold very strange feeling......

is this area a place as in a town or country or city?

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      is this area a place as in a town or country or city?
      wherever......

i have lived in places.....and when i went back years later.....i had very different feelings..

Comment

I have gone back to visit places from my past and have not felt anything for the area
        then some areas I have gone back to I loved being back even when the visit was for a sad reason

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
          I have gone back to visit places from my past and have not felt anything for the area
          then some areas I have gone back to I loved being back even when the visit was for a sad reason

i have felt that too.......and i have worked in many cities.....some felt like home, and others felt strange.....even ones where i have spent more time in...

Comment

That often happens when the fire goes out, or you forget to switch on the heating.
            Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
              That often happens when the fire goes out, or you forget to switch on the heating.
              not if you lived in pompei......

they all erupted into spontaneous gaiety.....

Comment

i think they are saying that you cant go home again?

personally the few times i have gone home i never felt that anything much had changed from when i left old glasnevin,drumcondra,whitehall,marino,clontarf,bal lybough.......... i was home................the rest of the city ...yes.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                  i think they are saying that you cant go home again?

personally the few times i have gone home i never felt that anything much had changed from when i left old glasnevin,drumcondra,whitehall,marino,clontarf,bal lybough.......... i was home................the rest of the city ...yes.
                  tolka1, i was referring in my case to the uk.....

i was brought to the uk as a lad. and went back to dublin when i was 11, i wanted to go back to the uk when i was old enought to do so on my own..

i did not go back to where i had been as a lad....

i have worked in most cities in the uk and some when i returned after previously feeling at home, for some reason seemed like strange places....where others seemed just the same....

when i returned to dublin...my street had gone, i just felt it was different..
                  there were nice little houses that replaced the buildings that i lived in...

Comment

Joe, I moved to London when I was 14, hated it at first, every time I went on holiday to Dublin I wanted to stay there, none of the relatives wanted an extra kid. I grew to love London and had a great time in the swinging sixties. Went back years later and it had changed so much, I couldn't live in London again!

Comment

wherever......

i have lived in places.....and when i went back years later.....i had very different feelings..
                      I see what ye mean...

Very strange....
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                        Joe, I moved to London when I was 14, hated it at first, every time I went on holiday to Dublin I wanted to stay there, none of the relatives wanted an extra kid. I grew to love London and had a great time in the swinging sixties. Went back years later and it had changed so much, I couldn't live in London again!
                        maire, i always liked london.....i worked there over most of my life....

i lived in shepherds bush and camberwell......both of those are very changed places now....but i always feel at home there...

Comment

maire, i always liked london.....i worked there over most of my life....

i lived in shepherds bush and camberwell......both of those are very changed places now....but i always feel at home there...
                          Ive lived in london almost 35 years now.First in kentish town,now up near the holloway road.I love the whole cosmopolitan multicultural feel of it.I went back to dublin 4 years ago for a funeral for the first time in a lot of years.It has changed a hell of a lot over the years as well.I could'nt believe all the road improvements and motorways.They don't seem to have improved the traffic jams much all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dubinthesmoke View Post
                            Ive lived in london almost 35 years now.First in kentish town,now up near the holloway road.I love the whole cosmopolitan multicultural feel of it.I went back to dublin 4 years ago for a funeral for the first time in a lot of years.It has changed a hell of a lot over the years as well.I could'nt believe all the road improvements and motorways.They don't seem to have improved the traffic jams much all the same.
                            i see, you'r a nags head person....

i worked on archway house in the old days........

my first job in london was.....for AIRFIX in wandsworth....that was in the summer of 1961.....

Comment

I live on the outskirts of London.....last stop on the Northern Line, and i think
                              living here is very different to living further in - I seldom go into "London" proper.....I don't think I'd like to live closer to the centre, as i like to feel I'm
                              close to the countryside, and Barnet is a little town in itself. Eventually I'd
                              like to move somewhere more rural, as long as there's a good bus route to
                              the nearest town! I do like going on the underground though, but only because I don't have to do it in the rush hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X