Dairies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dairies

Where were the city Dairies located? Was there one on the Quays?

Do you count merville dairies in finglas?

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
      Can do, but I know there was a Dairy near the Fruit and Vegetable Market. The Farmers use to delivery into the market then go to the Dairy to pick up a load of dung. They each would have to pay for the keep of so many animals in exchange for the dung so I guess that means the milk for Dubliners was subsidized!

Comment

There was a dairy on our street botanic ave opposite st michaels rd owned by the martin family and we could get milk there.........dont know if it was pasteurised?

Comment

i remember a loose milk dairy in bride street.....cows out the back....

but i got my third of a pint daily in school.....so no milk on saturday or sunday or during holidays...
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

there was also a merville dairy on killester avenue with stable's attached.

Comment

There were lots of family-run dairies all over the city. Are you referring to something like co-ops?
              Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
                There were lots of family-run dairies all over the city. Are you referring to something like co-ops?
                Nope small city run dairies that were common in most cities when storage and refrigeration wasn't great so best to keep supply near the customer.

Comment

There was a dairy on our street botanic ave opposite st michaels rd owned by the martin family and we could get milk there.........dont know if it was pasteurised?

Tolka;The milk we got never went past our mouths.lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Napper Tandy;208913]Where were the city Dairies located? Was there one on the Quays?[/QUOTE

Napper; We had our milk delivered by Lucan dairies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
                      Tolka;The milk we got never went past our mouths.lol
                      milk....fastest thing on earth.....pasteurised before you see it....
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

There was a dairy in Charlotte Street T.E.K (suttons) alas both are gone now Dairy and Street.
                        Legendary Bass Player

Comment

Working...
                        X