Soviet-Afghan War Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soviet-Afghan War Songs

I remember coming across a site years ago dedicated to the Soviet Soldiers who had died in the Soviet-Afghan War(1979-1989) when reading about the conflict. The site had one of those automatic soundtracks that played as you flicked through the screens and that is how I discovered Soviet Afghan War Songs.

Warning some of the Vids contain images of war that some people may find distressing.

Not from the Afghan war - but WW2 - or the Great Patriotic War as it's known in Russia.

Katyusha - very popular wartime song and tune. They named a rocket launcher after it.

Yours truly - on two bouzoukis.

Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Not from the Afghan war - but WW2 - or the Great Patriotic War as it's known in Russia.

Katyusha - very popular wartime song and tune. They named a rocket launcher after it.

Yours truly - on two bouzoukis.

V good, you might need a better quality cam for Youtube stardom do. Do you know Reddit has a bouzouki forum and Russian music forums? It might help get your audience up by posting there. Or try a bouzouki cover of something modern do that can lead to problems with certain very protective record labels.

Comment

Was deliberately low definition... not to create an edgy feeling, I was trying to hide the junk in the background !!

The video was never planned for YouTube - I've only put a few up in the last few days - but you're correct, production values are fairly high there.

Comment

Spoilsport, I like looking at other people's junk, makes me feel better about my own gaff

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
            ...Or try a bouzouki cover of something modern do that can lead to problems with certain very protective record labels.
            Far as I know copyright only comes into it if you stick someone's recorded work on a vid without permission - but you're allowed murder someone else's music so long as there's no doubt about who's playing it...

Comment

Working...
            X