Balfa Brothers- Cajun Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balfa Brothers- Cajun Music

From Deep down in Louisiana, a unique sound of America from the Balfa Family. Anyone that has seen the movie Southern Comfort will remember the 3rd track

Grt stuff.
    Cant understand why but i love this stuff. My fav is dougie kershaw,the guy who the austronauts picked his music on the way to the moon.
    Whenever i go south i alwasys try to catch some local guys.
    Missus thinks i,m crazy but i can sit for hrs and listen to them.

Maybee because they remind me of native irish musicians? so pure.

Comment

Comment

My son in law is Cajun, he loves this music, they call it zydeco!

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          Lovely stuff Oscar
          Legendary Bass Player

Comment

Originally posted by php View Post
            Lovely stuff Oscar
            so pure ........t.y

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                Grt stuff.
                Cant understand why but i love this stuff. My fav is dougie kershaw,the guy who the austronauts picked his music on the way to the moon.
                Whenever i go south i alwasys try to catch some local guys.
                Missus thinks i,m crazy but i can sit for hrs and listen to them.

Maybee because they remind me of native irish musicians? so pure.
                Tolka have you ever tried the Global Jukebox? A vast archive of old school free to listen to American and world music recorded by Alan Lomax since 1947. Any fans of Ewan MacColl and Brendan Behan should check out the London recordings, Rhode Island contains some really great material from the 1966 Newport Folk Festival including are own late great Liam Clancy. Best of all the archive contains interviews of the artists explaining the songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                  Tolka have you ever tried the Global Jukebox? A vast archive of old school free to listen to American and world music recorded by Alan Lomax since 1947. Any fans of Ewan MacColl and Brendan Behan should check out the London recordings, Rhode Island contains some really great material from the 1966 Newport Folk Festival including are own late great Liam Clancy. Best of all the archive contains interviews of the artists explaining the songs.

http://research.culturalequity.org/rc-b2/home-audio.jsp
                  Sounds good...
                  Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                  X