misconceptions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misconceptions....

most people have no idea what soldiers and armies really do ......on a day to day basis.......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    most people have no idea what soldiers and armies really do ......on a day to day basis.......
    True...so tell us....

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
      True...so tell us....
      at this very moment ......dol, i would think you are as informed as me.....

Comment

armies are groups of people that can't find enough to do to pass away every day......so they do stupid things.......like painting coal.....

Comment

armies are groups of people that can't find enough to do to pass away every day......so they do stupid things.......like painting coal.....
          now now......and what about the Green Beret guys????? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
            now now......and what about the Green Beret guys????? lol
            i am speaking in general....not about basic training.....or specific training......

in the first world war.....the average time for allied soldiers to be in the front line trenches.....was 18 minutes.....

Comment

actions like afghanistan etc......put soldiers under more stress that was encountered by most of the soldiersc of both world wars....

Comment

Basic training was tough though Joe... but the three toughest time for me at home was my first PNCO course, the ARW course and being on the border, particularly during the aftermath of Bloody Sunday.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                  Basic training was tough though Joe... but the three toughest time for me at home was my first PNCO course, the ARW course and being on the border, particularly during the aftermath of Bloody Sunday.

rashers, as you are probably more aware than me.......the soldier has to bear long periods of boredom....followed by periods of very intense activity....

by boredom, i don't mean doing nothing.....i mean doing routine things ,,,over and over again.....

as incidents do not have this type of activity....they become, even if dangerous....a welcome change.....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner
                    rashers, as you are probably more aware than me.......the soldier has to bear long periods of boredom....followed by periods of very intense activity....
                    Days thats seem to have no purpose followed by days you wish you had chosen to be a bookkeeper.

Comment

the army deprives you of energy.....by pushing you to your limit......then calls you a lazy basket when you no longer have any energy......

it deprives you of sleep.....then puts you on a serious charge if you nod off......

it feeds you well........then expects you to go hungry for no discernable reason...........

Comment

the army teaches you to read a map.......then does not give you time to read that map.........and screams at you for getting lost......

Comment

I thought they had central heating now.lol
                          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                            I thought they had central heating now.lol

you are so behind......coal fired central heating...lol

Comment

you are so behind......coal fired central heating...lol
                              Turf when I was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X