New US Foreign Secretary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New US Foreign Secretary

I read(newspaper) that Hilary Clinton will be soon stepping down as the US Foreign Secretary with a possible run for the next American Election on the horizon for her. Don't you love America, one marathon Election Presidential Campaign finished and another starts John Kerry and a Susan Rice who is believed to be Obama choice were mentioned as her possible replacement. We know all about Kerry from his failed run for the President this side of the pond but does anyone know anything about Rice?

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    I read(newspaper) that Hilary Clinton will be soon stepping down as the US Foreign Secretary with a possible run for the next American Election on the horizon for her. Don't you love America, one marathon Election Presidential Campaign finished and another starts John Kerry and a Susan Rice who is believed to be Obama choice were mentioned as her possible replacement. We know all about Kerry from his failed run for the President this side of the pond but does anyone know anything about Rice?
    you eat it with a curry..ah i am only kidding with ye..no i do agree with ye they only finish one election and they are off again ..i give up they should be told to hold ther horses and sort out a few problems first before they start again ..i think so anyway.

Comment

Hi Napper... love the new avatar... Heil Santa !!

santasalute.jpg

Kerry and Rice... I'll get back to ya...
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Napper;This bulshit with American politics is just pathetic.The president elect has another 5 weeks to go before being sworn in,and all these talking heads are already beating their gums off about 2016.Meanwhile,the country is up to it's eyes in debt,and all the Republicans want to talk about is Libya.They are too stupid to see that Obama is playing them like a fiddle,and will let the Bush tax cuts run out,with an automatic tax increase for all,and who do you think will take the heat for it? Not the President.They totally underestimate this man.Every time I see any sign of a political item on tv in future.I will change stations.I am sick to death of this shit.
        Last edited by Ed O'Gorman; 14-12-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Politics, the same crap everywhere , load of shite, same the world over, we are all played by politicians ,to be honest, we elect them, (well not me, lol, )and find out they're all the same it's more about them lining their pockets than anything to do with what's best for the man in the street or what's best for the country. I am sick of politics period!

Comment

I would prefer someone other than Rice or Kerry was picked for this position. The constant mud slinging will just increase if either of them is nominated. Personally I'm sick of hearing about it. Rice lost credibility when she continued to deny the attacks was a terrorist attack. (although I'm not sure that was her fault.) Kerry is just annoying. There has to be someone that everyone (or at least most) will be ok with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
              Napper;This bulshit with American politics is just pathetic.The president elect has another 5 weeks to go before being sworn in,and all these talking heads are already beating their gums off about 2016.Meanwhile,the country is up to it's eyes in debt,and all the Republicans want to talk about is Libya.They are too stupid to see that Obama is playing them like a fiddle,and will let the Bush tax cuts run out,with an automatic tax increase for all,and who do you think will take the heat for it? Not the President.They totally underestimate this man.Every time I see any sign of a political item on tv in future.I will change stations.I am sick to death of this shit.

ed, there are only two things that concern countries....they either sell......or buy....

it is the job of the execute to make sure the country sells as much as it buys (or more if possible).....a simple fact that most western countries have forgotten..
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                ed, there are only two things that concern countries....they either sell......or buy....

it is the job of the execute to make sure the country sells as much as it buys (or more if possible).....a simple fact that most western countries have forgotten..
                Joe;I agree,but the problem with that reasoning is,that all of this trade is at the mercy of huge corporationswho have no allegiance to any country.They have shipped all of the jobs to China and other bowl of rice a day paying countries
                who refuse to play by the rules.What our spineless governments need to do is slap an import tax on every piece of garbage shipped from these countries,in order to level the playing field.I have a policy of looking at labels,and refusing to buy if it's not made in North America or Europe.Even a lot our vegetables are produced under dubious circumstances in China and elsewhere.Read your labels.

Comment

Joe;I agree,but the problem with that reasoning is,that all of this trade is at the mercy of huge corporationswho have no allegiance to any country.They have shipped all of the jobs to China and other bowl of rice a day paying countries
                  who refuse to play by the rules.What our spineless governments need to do is slap an import tax on every piece of garbage shipped from these countries,in order to level the playing field.I have a policy of looking at labels,and refusing to buy if it's not made in North America or Europe.Even a lot our vegetables are produced under dubious circumstances in China and elsewhere.Read your labels.
                  yes ed.......

but an executive with guts can impose tarrif's........

every countriers executive......swears some sort of an oath...that oath is to the people of that country......no other....and it is time that these people were called upon to uphold that undertaking......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                    yes ed.......

but an executive with guts can impose tarrif's........

every countriers executive......swears some sort of an oath...that oath is to the people of that country......no other....and it is time that these people were called upon to uphold that undertaking......
                    Joe;The problem is that these shysters are bought and paid for by the same bunch of criminals they are supposed to regulate.An oath taken by these jerks has no meaning,and none of them are held accountable.

Comment

Joe;The problem is that these shysters are bought and paid for by the same bunch of criminals they are supposed to regulate.An oath taken by these jerks has no meaning,and none of them are held accountable.
                      not being held accountable.......is a worldwide problem.....

i do not take sides in politics....but criticise the actions and the results of those actions.......

money talks.....but that also applies to the least well off citizens......

one of the main reasons for the decline in the west.....is our desire to be static........there maybe plenty of jobs in london but many unemployed miles away......that applies to every western country....

the emerging economies do not have that problem.......millions still floct to the centres of employment.....

as we cannot force private companies to locate where we would like them to be.....that remains a problem......

but, we can use tarriffs...to even up overseas trade......used wisely they can be a good tool......

it causes rises in some prices........but if you are earning you can afford such rises......

Comment

Rice is out of the running, looks like Kerry's to lose.

UN Ambassador Susan Rice withdraws her name for consideration from the race to succeed Hillary Clinton as US secretary of state, the White House says.

Comment

Rice is out of the running, looks like Kerry's to lose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20721788
                          Napper;Whomever gets the job of Secretary of State, will have their work cut out to fill Hilary's shoes.she has been tireless and magnificent.

Comment

i agree ed....i heard clinton (the hubby) is slated for irish ambassador?

Comment

They should pick Sarah Palin. She can see Russia from her house.
                              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X