Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was Christmas day for you ?

Hi All

Had a lovely Christmas with my family yesterday but it was tinged with sadness as we mised my father. Several times during the morning i expercted him to come in through the door and help Mam prepare dinner & by 2PM my sister drove me and Mam up to the graveyard where it started to lash rain on us. We would've been at the graveyard earlier but it was very frosty. Although the graveyard was closed we went in through a side opening & walked up in the rain to my dads grave getting soaked in the process. We got a bit emotional at the grave but I suggested we head home or else we would get our death of cold. We had a lovely dinner & got loads of nice pressies from everyone who was there excrpt my big brother and his family. Only allowed myself two glasses of white wine in the whole day. Today started off lazily for me as i stayed in my mam's and didn't get out of bed til after 11 & played games on my phone & then had dinner with my mam about 2PM still in my PJ's. She then offered to drop me home as I had one bag of presents, one of my clothes & a huge picture frame that my brother made for us. Guess what himself was doing when i got home?? House work - OMG!!! At least its done now and we can chill out.

How was your Christmas??
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Susie....just heard ur fabulous news.....congratulations to u and hubby......well done....
    It is what it is.

Comment

Mine started off at 8am with my girls opening their pressies, than made a big fry up for everyone, sat and watched tv with girls and hubby "boys where still in bed" had a shower and started on cooking dinner for 11 people, Went down to visit my sisters, mam dad's and brothers graves. Than back to lift dinner and enjoy it with my sister her hubby and kids. Rest of day was just trying not to move as it hurt from all the eating i did lol
      http://www.praofi.org traze@praofi.org

Comment

Originally posted by traze View Post
        Mine started off at 8am with my girls opening their pressies, than made a big fry up for everyone, sat and watched tv with girls and hubby "boys where still in bed" had a shower and started on cooking dinner for 11 people, Went down to visit my sisters, mam dad's and brothers graves. Than back to lift dinner and enjoy it with my sister her hubby and kids. Rest of day was just trying not to move as it hurt from all the eating i did lol
        Nobody deserves a rest more than our indefatigable worker for sick children!

Comment

Mine was very different the day started with a thunderstorm which left us without any electricity.........went to mass at 11am and then out to Derrynane Strand to the cemetery on the beach ......Denis's parents are buried there.......went for a nice stroll along the very cold beach and then returned to find leccie back on.........Cooked a delicious dinner ......shared a bottle of vino with Denis and his brother whom lives nearby so comes to us for all his meals when we are here .......rang my grankids and had a great chat with all of them .........Relaxed in the evening with several glasses of Coffee Baileys yum yum..........gained a stone I guess but last night we went to a great Ceiliedh.....in the village danced the night away so hopefully lost half a stone ....lol.....went walking this morning so feeling a little fitter ....off to Killarney soon to collect my sister off the train.........hope all our lovely members had a nice day......hugsxx D
          Last edited by Deirdre; 27-12-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
            Susie....just heard ur fabulous news.....congratulations to u and hubby......well done....
            Why thanks Pammy - I knew you ere busy and would har eventually.

Deirdre interesting post & traze like wise. Well after an easy day yesterday we were in my brother's house in clondalkin to have a 'belated' Christmas get together with him & his wife & again good food was had by us & more presents exchanged. I didn't drink any alcohol today - decided to wait til the New Year now LOL & be careful for the babys sake. We had a good day & when i got home my mam texted me to tell me that the boyfriend of her friend Kay passed away in Harolds Cross Hospice this evening. We knew that this guy had been ill with lung cancer & a brain tumour for the past while & that he wouldn't last til the end of this year. At least for his sake he's at peace now with my father in Heaven. I really do feel sad for my mam's friend now. Just chilling for the night & its very cold out - stay warm people!!
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I'm here visiting my sister & family in Dallas. I flew in on Friday...flight was late. We've been shopping & to the gym. Weather is warmer here. But, her hubby & son watching football (I think it's actually the Dallas Cowboys), & i'm not always into that, so I'm here on line :-)
              I believe in.......

Comment

I'm here visiting my sister & family in Dallas. I flew in on Friday...flight was late. We've been shopping & to the gym. Weather is warmer here. But, her hubby & son watching football (I think it's actually the Dallas Cowboys), & i'm not always into that, so I'm here on line :-)
                I believe in.......

Comment

hey hope you have a great visit trish..!!! enjoy enjoy!!!!

Christmas morning started off at 7am having a quick coffee waiting for the grandkids to arrive....santa also visits them at their nanas house...we started a new tradition on christmas eve of putting the kids to bed in their house, having dinner and then opening the adults gifts and having a relaxing drink or two....so christmas morning was just about kids...after they'd opened their stuff my daughter and son in law cooked breakfast for everyone...then the drama queen and my son cleaned up....willie and i prepared dinner, and everyone helped cook it and clean up...i have to say it was a very very relaxing day...No internal OCD attacks over mess or dust..no bitching or complaining by the kids....even the dog was happy....and i have to say....our first christmas in the house that willie and helen built was the best....

Comment

Hi Helen ....Im so glad ur enjoyed Xmas in ur new house......long may it continue.......is my room ready yet......

And hi to everyone else.....and a very Happy New Year to all....xxx
                    It is what it is.

Comment

Helen, delighted to hear that you had a relaxing Christmas after all of the drama and problems of the past couple of months.

I am looking forward to having a chat with you on Skype now that it's installed.

Glad to hear that all is well.

Just in the door after return from Wexford.

Heavy fog on way back and a bad accident enroute held us up somewhat.

Terrific to hear about the OCD.

Comment

Only back today having spent from Christmas Eve in Longford. It was the first Christmas sons, daughter, in laws grandchildren were all together so for that reason it was very special....and enjoyable. 4 days full of happiness and laughter. A good memory made!

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                          Only back today having spent from Christmas Eve in Longford. It was the first Christmas sons, daughter, in laws grandchildren were all together so for that reason it was very special....and enjoyable. 4 days full of happiness and laughter. A good memory made!
                          aw sounds like you had a fab time D lovely....

Comment

no fecker bought me a pair of Slippers for Christmas so bought myself a red pair yesterday - you have to have feet that are relaxed

Comment

Liz..i love you hehhee you are the best.

pam..yer room is next on the agenda..after the new bathroom hehee

Comment

Working...
                              X