Which window..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which window..?

which window will you look through in 2013.....

do you need more.?

do you want more.?

do you deserve more.?
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

I am looking through the wait and see window

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      I am looking through the wait and see window

would that be the expectation window......

when we asked our mam, what were we going to get....she always replied......wait and see.....

Comment

None of those windows for me......im looking for view.....my plan is to just drift. What would that be called

Comment

The Window of Change....I've let myself drift too much.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            The Window of Change....I've let myself drift too much.

katie...that is a porthole......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
              katie...that is a porthole......
              Yes.....time for me to take control of the wheel instead of lying round on the
              deck looking at the stars! What I mean is, I tend to procrastinate- a lot-so I'm going to start doing more and stop being a lazy sow.

Comment

Yes.....time for me to take control of the wheel instead of lying round on the
                deck looking at the stars! What I mean is, I tend to procrastinate- a lot-so I'm going to start doing more and stop being a lazy sow.
                this is not the age of responsibilty....don't buck the trend.....

Comment

I'm looking to go smaller, move to a smaller house than the one I'm living in, this will be my fourth move in 3 years, smaller body, need to shed some weight this is the time to do that, I'm fed up lying to myself about doing that. Small walks every day, if only at the gym. Smaller boxes of crap, I have been hauling around for fecking years, mementoes, photos and negatives, papers my hubby hung onto from 24 years in the military, a bunch of stuff that needs to be shredded etc, gonna do it!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                    I'm looking to go smaller, move to a smaller house than the one I'm living in, this will be my fourth move in 3 years, smaller body, need to shed some weight this is the time to do that, I'm fed up lying to myself about doing that. Small walks every day, if only at the gym. Smaller boxes of crap, I have been hauling around for fecking years, mementoes, photos and negatives, papers my hubby hung onto from 24 years in the military, a bunch of stuff that needs to be shredded etc, gonna do it!
                    a well intentioned failure...????

Comment

Don't shred the papers etc Maire....they are history. Future generations might
                      be glad you hung onto them.

Comment

Don't shred the papers etc Maire....they are history. Future generations might
                        be glad you hung onto them.
                        good idea katie....i am a prolific reader of history.....but, i have destroyed most my own......

without thinking about it....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                          good idea katie....i am a prolific reader of history.....but, i have destroyed most my own......

without thinking about it....
                          I think we all do....but think how great it'd be if we came across a stash like
                          Maire has, from years ago.....

Comment

I agree Katie but these are not historically interesting, just copies of orders etc , I gave my sons all the medals and interesting bits of paraphernalia I will take your advice though, and go through them again, thanks for the advice, it's most welcome!

Comment

Joe my granda was in the army in Ireland ,fussiliers, my husbands father was in the us Navy, not sure about his grandads though, I'm sure there was conscription back then, or the draft as its called here, is that what you meant? My grandfather was serving in Ranikhet India 100 years ago when my mum was born, also her older brother in 1911. I'm still trying to find my granny's birth cert, she had to show it sometime, if the old man was in the army surely? We heard she was born in England. Although her parents were Irish. But we keep banging our heads against a wall trying to find her birth cert!
                              We've never had conscription here Maire... British attempted to introduce it in 1917/18 but backed off....
                              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                              X