The Flu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flu...

Been at home for the past three days with the feckin' flu... anyone else got it ? At one stage I felt so bad... I was gonna send for the strippers...
    Everything is self-evident.

no flu but have been sick for 3 weeks now, 2 weeks before Christmas got a tummy bug, seriously bad, no sooner over that after 5 days of it when I got a cough, sore throat, ears and sinuses

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Been at home for the past three days with the feckin' flu... anyone else got it ? At one stage I felt so bad... I was gonna send for the strippers...
      Hi Eamonn, i had it before Xmas. First day was horrible, could not go to work & all i could do was sleep & drink plenty of fluids. As i am pregnant I could not take any flu remedies except for 1 hot toddy. I recovered in time for Xmas but still had a cough which was hard to shift til this week. I could take Strepsils if i felt the need for it. Hubby had it just before me & as he's a man he really thought he was dying so i was blue in the face telling him to take the flu remedies in the press & drink fluids. As bar found sleeping hard he got the drowsy Benelyn cough medicine & took it as needed.

Roisin had a touch of it too but in her case it was a high temp @ times & that was treated with plenty of fluids & calpol & sleep where possible. She was grand by Xmas.

Take lemsips & plenty of warm fluids & rest! If you can handle whiskey have a hot toddy or two.

Get well soon.
      Last edited by Suzieq; 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Cogs , that could be Man Flu , a very serious condition , very very serious , make sure the missus gives you 100% attention , at least .

Comment

Att Cogs

Man Flu : The Shocking Truth

Man Flu is a crippling and debilitating disorder indiscriminately striking down male members of the human species without warning. The illness is often referred to pejoratively by female members of the species who are in fact immune from the illness as man flu is now known to exclusively attack the XY chromosome carrier. If Man Flu is kind enough not to kill the infected party it will definitely leave him weak, sick, hurting everywhere and in dire need of TLC.

Medical professionals now also widely recognise that self diagnosis by the sufferer is the best means of identification as the symptoms of Man Flu are far more severe than the simple common cold which predominantly targets the XX chromosome holders (i.e. females). This goes some way to explain the cynicism some women display towards their male counterparts.
          ( Sourced from Manflu website )

Comment

that's a bummer ..get well soon..

Comment

hope your feeling well soon cogs.......the flu this year seems to be in two strains and weve had both of them running wild in this house since before christmas...you get rid of one, bang your down with the next...willie is susceptible to pneumonia and he should get the shot but they wont give it to him until hes done with the flu......now it looks like hes getting pneumonia anyways...oh the joys of winter!

Comment

Must be my turn this year. The strongest thing I'll be drinking later on is a Lemsip.

Comment

Awww ya poor baby i hope your feeling better later to ring in the new year xo

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                    Must be my turn this year. The strongest thing I'll be drinking later on is a Lemsip.
                    Ah no, have a hot whiskey, it might knock it in the bud for you.
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

i wish i had ignored this bloomin thread this am......30 mins ago willie dropped with the flu......15 mins ago my oldest grandson followed him.....and just this second as im typing my granddaughter is coughin up her lungs beside me and complaining of a headache, sore throat and a pain in her fingers...............theyre all going to bed....feck new years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        i wish i had ignored this bloomin thread this am......30 mins ago willie dropped with the flu......15 mins ago my oldest grandson followed him.....and just this second as im typing my granddaughter is coughin up her lungs beside me and complaining of a headache, sore throat and a pain in her fingers...............theyre all going to bed....feck new years lol.
                        Jesus Helen, u'll be playing nurse to them now. Its the time of year for things like the flu.
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I hope you all feel better soon xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            Oh ffs Helen, not a good start is it? Wear a mask , and put one on the rest of them. I hope it passes soon, you'd think the cold would kill all the germs! Hugs my friend

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                              Be very careful Kevin. As Bo said last year a man flu can be very dangerous.

Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X