Dark Triad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Triad

Just heard a very interesting discussion on the Pat Kenny Show.

The Dark Triad person is likely to harbour a mix of Psychopathic tendencies, Machiavellian cunning and Narcissistic selfishness.

These people are all around us......are you one?

Take the test - very interesting.

Test matching your answers to the crowd-sourced profiles of fictional characters.

Originally posted by nansson View Post
    Just heard a very interesting discussion on the Pat Kenny Show.

The Dark Triad person is likely to harbour a mix of Psychopathic tendencies, Machiavellian cunning and Narcissistic selfishness.

These people are all around us......are you one?

Take the test - very interesting.

http://personality-testing.info/tests/DT.php
    I'm scared to even look at it, in case I'm a Dark Triad......

Comment

Going to pass, done the Colours personality test and Belkin personality test and I always come out as multi-personality.

Comment

Here's my results.....haven't a clue what thet mean......think i am insane

Trait Score Percentile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narcissism 1.7 19.4

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more] Because of all their experince with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narrccisism will often appear charming but their narrccism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships. [less]

Machiavellianism 1.7 22.8

Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. [more] It usually stems from a lack of respect or disillusionment for others. [less]

Psychopathy 1.5 30.6

Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more] The relative lack of emotions leads results in high stress tolerance, low empathy, little guilt and leads them to seek extremely stimulating activities, resulting in impusivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict. [less]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          I'm scared to even look at it, in case I'm a Dark Triad......
          I did it - and I'm harmless

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
            I did it - and I'm harmless
            I did it.............and Im not!!
            It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
              I did it.............and Im not!!
              Witchipoo

Comment

jez i dont know if im pyscho or not...heres my score.. i dont understand.......
                can someone tell me what i am hehehee....no smart remarks either from the peanut gallery..

The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects. Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4, percentile is what percent of people you score higher than):

Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 0.5

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. Because of all their experince with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narrccisism will often appear charming but their narrccism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships. [less]
                Machiavellianism 1.3

Machiavellianism is a tendancy to be manipulative and deceitful. It usually stems from a lack of respect or disillusionment for others. [less]
                Psychopathy 0.8

Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. The relative lack of emotions leads results in high stress tolerance, low empathy, little guilt and leads them to seek extremely stimulating activities, resulting in impusivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict. [less]

Here are your results graphed three dimensionally:

Comment

You're a narcissitic psychopath with Machiavellian tendencies.....

nah, think that score means you're okay......

Comment

just did this one....look it up...its one we used in Hr

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test

Comment

Honestly, I think all these tests are complete rubbish - people aren't "types",
                      they're individuals.......

Comment

i dont think they help much in HR situations being honest lol..and to think people are refused jobs cos of their scores on them really irritates me.....but i think theyre fun to do..for fun...thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                          i dont think they help much in HR situations being honest lol..and to think people are refused jobs cos of their scores on them really irritates me.....but i think theyre fun to do..for fun...thats all
                          I'd agree with that....it's about as accurate, or scientific as astrology imo.....
                          especially as when answering the questions, you are always conscious of how
                          your answer will be received, so you might not be being completely honest....
                          and as far as jobs are concerned, someone who looks good on paper might not be the best person for the job and vice-versa.
                          Last edited by KatieMorag; 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                            Going to pass, done the Colours personality test and Belkin personality test and I always come out as multi-personality.
                            Have you tried limiting the number of your personalities you allow to sit these tests ??
                            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                              Have you tried limiting the number of your personalities you allow to sit these tests ??
                              lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X