the untold stories......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the untold stories......

there has been a few documented cases of mothers killing their newly born babies.......

they were mostly prostitutes with, in most cases virtually no choice.....

but was this practice more widespread in the days long before contraceptives were available.....

this practice would have been much safer and easier to carry out than "back street abortions"....

views please......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

I had to do some research for the police in Germany and according to the statistics of several American cities almost half of the children under the age of one that were murdered were killed by their own mothers. Found it difficult to believe but there you are...
    Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Auld Decency View Post
      I had to do some research for the police in Germany and according to the statistics of several American cities almost half of the children under the age of one that were murdered were killed by their own mothers. Found it difficult to believe but there you are...
      thanks AD.....my idea for the thread came from a person who lived in a remote area.....as a child she remembered her mother always being pregnant......but not so many babies seemed to be around.....there was never sadness and funerals to explain that.....

Comment

I wonder if a lot of those babies weren't disposed of because of either financial reasons. Or more likely, postpartum depression , a terrible thing, from what I have read and heard, I never suffered from it myself but my heart goes out to those that have, it's a mental illness, although there will always be those who refuse to believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          thanks AD.....my idea for the thread came from a person who lived in a remote area.....as a child she remembered her mother always being pregnant......but not so many babies seemed to be around.....there was never sadness and funerals to explain that.....
          They might have been stillbirths, in which case I don't think they'd have had a funeral as such. Also in past times siblings weren't told very much when a baby died - those things weren't often discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            They might have been stillbirths, in which case I don't think they'd have had a funeral as such. Also in past times siblings weren't told very much when a baby died - those things weren't often discussed.
            there are many possibilities as to what happened......but i, think there were many "got rid of".......

the lack of medical and social help in those days must have been a nightmare for some mothers.....

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
              I remember reading about some women who constantly got pregnant and no babies to show for it after their term as they got rid of them as someone else said here.
              I believe it is a sickness .

Comment

the millions of women who have non medical reasons terminations.....are doing the same thing with the help of others.....

the...when does life start arguement... is just a lame excuse......but, that is their choice........

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                  I remember reading about some women who constantly got pregnant and no babies to show for it after their term as they got rid of them as someone else said here.
                  I believe it is a sickness .
                  Yes read the same, cases mainly seem to come to light when someone decides to renovate old houses.

This article lists some cases in Germany.

Comment

Any women want to comment on this? Mostly getting the men's side so far, no problem with that, but it would be interesting to get a different slant on things!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                      Any women want to comment on this? Mostly getting the men's side so far, no problem with that, but it would be interesting to get a different slant on things!
                      maire....many of the killings could have been carried out by men.(the fathers)..

Comment

Working...
                      X