hospital deaths.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hospital deaths.....

i don't know how many people have actually died because people smoked in hospitals......

i but i know there are many dying because of stupid rules...
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

well i know lots of people, including myself who have come close to a death caused by the hospital they were in for a supposed cure lol.....no joke..

but re patients dying cos of patients smoking....we were in bed grabbing hopefully an hours sleep before our babies at the foot of our beds started screaming for feeding....when someone in the ward sat up, and started screaming......fire ...fire.......and yes the sheets in the bed beside me were totally on fire.....and the mammy in the bed was dead drunk...she had an arrangement with other mothers to hand her their nightly Guinness allowance so no one actually knew how many shed had that night before she feel asleep with the ciggie in the bed.....the staff at the rotunda hospital were not happy with her, neither were they happy with anyone else in the ward cos they blamed us for not noticing lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      well i know lots of people, including myself who have come close to a death caused by the hospital they were in for a supposed cure lol.....no joke..

but re patients dying cos of patients smoking....we were in bed grabbing hopefully an hours sleep before our babies at the foot of our beds started screaming for feeding....when someone in the ward sat up, and started screaming......fire ...fire.......and yes the sheets in the bed beside me were totally on fire.....and the mammy in the bed was dead drunk...she had an arrangement with other mothers to hand her their nightly Guinness allowance so no one actually knew how many shed had that night before she feel asleep with the ciggie in the bed.....the staff at the rotunda hospital were not happy with her, neither were they happy with anyone else in the ward cos they blamed us for not noticing lol..
      Another brilliant Helen story, you have more adventures than Huck Finn! Lmao

Comment

OMG!! That wouldn't be allowed nowadays!
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

hahahaa....i donno marie ....things just happen around me... same patient in the rotunda hospital...she was actually having her 9th or 10th kid....lived in a one room flat with bunk beds all over the place according to the dr, and she just didnt know how to stop yer man having his way with her....another funny story.......but she was also in the same ward as me before the babies were born.......and yer man would bring her up a few beers every night on his way to the pub...god knows who was minding the other kids....anyways after shed collected everyones bottles for the night....shed have a singsong..i spent the days laying on my left side giving oxygen to the baby and was doped out of it...till one night mid song....something crashed in the bed on top of me...seems yer wan was swinging on the curtain rail between her bed and mine and it broke...we both got rushed out of the ward....her to have her baby and sober up and me to have an ex-ray done cos my baby went into stress and my blood pressure which i was there for in the first place hit the roof lol..

i had an emergency csection the next day cos of the commotion.....and she apparently had her baby within two hours of the fall and crash......the rotunda was not a very safe hospital when she was there lol....and this was her first child to ever have in a hospital shed popped the rest out at home which was why the dr knew her so well lol

Comment

sorry for hijackin yer thread quinner lol

Comment

sorry for hijackin yer thread quinner lol
              helen, everybody does, but you....well that's a pleasure....
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Awww your a doll quinner lol

Comment

Haha suzie you mean its different now lol

Comment

when I was 7 months pregnant with my twins the Maternity Nurse made me come in for one weeeks bedrest ...well that was probably the worst nightmare ever between drunken mammies to be, and the constant smoking from allmost everyone, the baby's crying allmost all night for their mammies to wake up and feed them I ended up with Hi Blood preassure and after 2 days was sent home to rest lol ....what a relief to go home to my 2 bedroom flat and my sister looking after me for the rest off my pregnancy

Comment

hahaha i hear ya dee lol....i had toxemia going in.....but after yer wan jumped on me i had an eclamptic fit, dislodged afterbirth, and a huge bruise lol....and a preemie baby then to worry about

Comment

Of course it is lol. I would love it if Bar was to sneak me in a glass of wine but that won't happen haha. I am @ home thank God
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

dont they still give the bottle of Guinness at night suzie? they used give it to everyone

Comment

dont they still give the bottle of Guinness at night suzie? they used give it to everyone
                            I doubt it. Did not have Guinness this pregnancy, usually the odd red wine or two as found the chardonnay too acidic. I was ok with Sauvingon blanc though. I had champagne @ Xmas & on tues night.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

did you give birth to Ro in the rotunda and did they give you a bottle of Guinness every night? that was the norm when my first three kids were born in the rotunda...i spent new years eve there the time melanie was born...in a new wing opened in glasnevin i think.....and as a special treat they gave everyone TWO bottles of guinness, the ones who didnt drink like myself handed ours to the others who did lol...there were only about 12 patients in the whole hospital cos the wing had only been opened that week you can imagine some of the new moms were blotto lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X