good for the next generation..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good for the next generation..??

is this recession good for the next generation......they are finding out, that money does....not grow on trees....????
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    is this recession good for the next generation......they are finding out, that money does....not grow on trees....????
    Now they really know..... it comes from plastic trees.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Now they really know..... it comes from plastic trees.

yes, i will never understand why people don't use real money.......i, like it....lol

Comment

the introduction of the plastic card.(with it's high interest rates) was an invitation to fraudsters to have a great life,,,,,,

the high interest rates allowed the banks to write off lots of losses and still make massive profits...

recently i stood behind a family (2 adults, 2 children) at a supermarket checkout.....

the bill (mostlt food) came to £47.......it was duly paid for, using two different credit cards.......

needless to say.....i was shocked.....

Comment

the introduction of the plastic card.(with it's high interest rates) was an invitation to fraudsters to have a great life,,,,,,

the high interest rates allowed the banks to write off lots of losses and still make massive profits...

recently i stood behind a family (2 adults, 2 children) at a supermarket checkout.....

the bill (mostlt food) came to £47.......it was duly paid for, using two different credit cards.......

while the father packed and paid for the goods....the mother was on her mobile phone......

Comment

yes, i will never understand why people don't use real money.......i, like it....lol
            Oh ! I love it too....when I can get some !

Comment

maybe the found two instead of one that day

Comment

while the father packed and paid for the goods....the mother was on her mobile phone......
                Perhaps they found a complete handbag full of goodies....

Comment

"Family of Four Buys Food in Supermarket" - shocking indeed, Quinner. Good to know you are keeping an eye on these people.

Comment

ok...i donno...the next generation will be fine...im not wasting my time worrying about them..arent we raising them and our grandkids to be fine upstanding smart people...

i remember buying our first house, my inlaws and father didnt sleep at nights worrying cos we'd spent 7,779 pounds and had a mortgage of 12 pounds...then when i started driving they were worried sick cos wasnt it only men who were supposed to drive...and we never raised our kids right....we bought a tv for the bedroom and that sent them into a tailspin...what the hell did we need that for.....we had no sense, and we spent spent and spent with no thought for the future....when the 2nd car arrived at our house my mother in law took to the bed for a week with worry.....

i worry a lot in general.....but how the next generation will cope isnt on my radar at all...they will cope just as all previous generations did...and they will have the same complaints about their following generation lol..

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                      "Family of Four Buys Food in Supermarket" - shocking indeed, Quinner. Good to know you are keeping an eye on these people.
                      yes katie....i suppose you would be pleased to see them using two credit cards for such a purchase......you seem to have omitted that from my quote...

have you joined the skibereen eagle..????

i didf not post what was said between the couple.....

here it is......we haver come to our limit on that one.....so, use the other we still have a bit left.....

yes, shocking that they have to buy food on hp........

you lack of interest does not surprise me....

Comment

yes katie....i suppose you would be pleased to see them using two credit cards for such a purchase......you seem to have omitted that from my quote...

have you joined the skibereen eagle..????

i didf not post what was said between the couple.....

here it is......we haver come to our limit on that one.....so, use the other we still have a bit left.....

yes, shocking that they have to buy food on hp........

you lack of interest does not surprise me....
                        No, I don't go round looking in people's supermarket trolleys and observing how they choose to pay for their goods, and I'd be pretty miffed if I thought
                        someone was behind me in the queue monitoring my movements and reporting them on the www. They paid for them; how they pay is nobody else's concern.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          No, I don't go round looking in people's supermarket trolleys and observing how they choose to pay for their goods, and I'd be pretty miffed if I thought
                          someone was behind me in the queue monitoring my movements and reporting them on the www. They paid for them; how they pay is nobody else's concern.
                          obviously it is not your concern.....you seem only to be concerned what i do....

you have posted many things on the www as to what you assume do i as fact.....yet you spurn an observation i made (just by being on a checkout queue and unable to not to overhear a couple talking to each other in a raised voice) that was fact....

i see the skibbereen eagle has trained you very well....

i await more of your wild accusations about me.....on the WWW....

Comment

obviously it is not your concern.....you seem only to be concerned what i do....

you have posted many things on the www as to what you assume do i as fact.....yet you spurn an observation i made (just by being on a checkout queue and unable to not to overhear a couple talking to each other in a raised voice) that was fact....

i see the skibbereen eagle has trained you very well....

i await more of your wild accusations about me.....on the WWW....
                            The Skibbereen Eagle is rubbish - I'm with the Barnet Bugle.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
                              hi ,now come on guys i think quinner was just saying what he saw end of story.i was in london some years ago i was waiting outside a shop for my wife and chilldren ,these 4 well dressed guys standing around talking when an old man went around them with his hand out as he needed some money but they just ignored him with that i steped between them and put a 20 pound note in his hand and just steped back ,my wife came out of the shop and said why are those guys looking at you what happened ,i just said i have no idea.

oscar.....get round to somerset....quick

Comment

Working...
                              X