Photos around Mill Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mill lane and mill st

Jeangenie very good pictures i lived in mill lane looking from the big house i lived on the left hand side all i have is memories of it of all the famileys used to live there i say it again great photos thanks again tommy

Comment

It's hard to believe Tommy that there used to be houses in the lane not sure what the buildings there are used for now. I know one of them up along Mill St is used to store the Viking Splash tour boats.

Comment

Mill st

Well jeangenie next to the big house there was a factory i worked from i was 14 till 18 they made coats for the garda also they made golf clubs on the left hand side there was a scrap metal merchant further ther was a factory called jascourt and beside that there was a rag and bone store on the other side was a ice and cold storage i can rember 16 years ago like my first day i brown st school wed and fri rice pudding now short memory not as good on the left in mill st where the pub is it was called wards hill leading to newmarket in newmarker there was a police station and air raid shelters we used to chop the in and make bundle of sticks to go to the tivo good memories i could go on forever tommy

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
          Well jeangenie next to the big house there was a factory i worked from i was 14 till 18 they made coats for the garda also they made golf clubs on the left hand side there was a scrap metal merchant further ther was a factory called jascourt and beside that there was a rag and bone store on the other side was a ice and cold storage i can rember 16 years ago like my first day i brown st school wed and fri rice pudding now short memory not as good on the left in mill st where the pub is it was called wards hill leading to newmarket in newmarker there was a police station and air raid shelters we used to chop the in and make bundle of sticks to go to the tivo good memories i could go on forever tommy
          Great stuff Tommy love hearing stories from way back tommy and I'm sure others do too. It was another world when you walk around there now

Comment

two of my great aunts lived in one of the houses on the right in new row.....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

TOMMY...did you know Mary Levell.......from kevin street....just next to the barracks....same house as the Driscolls.......???

Comment

great photos j.g

Comment

mill st

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                  TOMMY...did you know Mary Levell.......from kevin street....just next to the barracks....same house as the Driscolls.......???
                  no the name does not ring a bell what year didshe live there

Comment

no the name does not ring a bell what year didshe live there
                    through the fifties TOMMY......

driscol and harry were the two ushers in the tivvo.....williamer was his son....one of dublins hardmen.....

one of the few to take on lugs brannigan....who was in the barracks next door......

i just got a feeling you knew my mother and sister, mary levell was always with my sister (when they weren't in the barracks in trouble).....

Comment

Great pix JG, and good stories Tommy....keep up the good work with dat camera in all the nooks and cranny's of the Liberties
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

tivo

i rember harry also was there a fellow name con i seen so many cowboys in the tivo i thought the horses were in the back after the pictures across to jonnie ray for a ice cream boy did we live it up in them days we used to buy black pudding in hafners on the coombe so when the seats were very full we used to put the black pudding in the fly of our trousers and show toe girls sitting beside us they would jomp up and shout those had black willie not as polite

Comment

i rember harry also was there a fellow name con i seen so many cowboys in the tivo i thought the horses were in the back after the pictures across to jonnie ray for a ice cream boy did we live it up in them days we used to buy black pudding in hafners on the coombe so when the seats were very full we used to put the black pudding in the fly of our trousers and show toe girls sitting beside us they would jomp up and shout those had black willie not as polite
                          TOMMY.....the tivvo was the biggest part of our education....

playing don on the automac step was another big part.....old kent used to give us many looks...lol

they never stopped us playing handball up against the wire meshed automac windows.....

Comment

Working...
                          X