another observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another observation...

walking sticks a very handy for people who have trouble puttingb their weight on the legs as they walk....

they are also used by people just to give themselves a swagger when they walk....

the difference between the two is.....when just for a swagger..the leg is put forward the the stick is brought up to or just in front of the leg, there is no weight placed upon the walking stick.....

when needed to help people with walking problems...the stick is place forward, then with the help of the arm the leg is moved forward...thus taking the weight of the leg.....

i have noticed an increase in the use of walking sticks in the last few years....the sticks are mostly used in the swagger manner, but with a pronounced limp, thus the walking stick is not used to take the weight on the arm....

either these people have not learned to use the stick properly, or they are not needed.....

i suspect that in most cases it is the latter...
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

I have a walking stick in the boot of the car,keep forgetting to use it,,have to remember it,as when I have to get down on my knees to pick something up,I struggle to get up,,,,arthur rite us and sciatica.
    I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
      I have a walking stick in the boot of the car,keep forgetting to use it,,have to remember it,as when I have to get down on my knees to pick something up,I struggle to get up,,,,arthur rite us and sciatica.
      do you have an invalid badge......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        do you have an invalid badge......
        what the feck is that,,how would a badge get me of the floor??

Comment

what the feck is that,,how would a badge get me of the floor??
          if you kneel on the pin....you just jump up...

Comment

if you kneel on the pin....you just jump up...
            ahhh,now I know why it's called jum pin

Comment

ahhh,now I know why it's called jum pin
              being retired and sitting on seats, benches etc.....is great for observations....

the walking sticks i was referring to, were carried by rather younger people that we are....

Comment

joe ,

usually the walking stick is held in hand of the unaffected side. usually... there are exceptions of course.
                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                  joe ,

usually the walking stick is held in hand of the unaffected side. usually... there are exceptions of course.
                  i think it's more to do with getting an invalid badge and free parking......

i could apply to the local council for one myself.....if i had a permanent address...lol

my daughter just had another letter asking if shev knew me.....something to do with pension information....lol

Comment

walking sticks a very handy for people who have trouble puttingb their weight on the legs as they walk....

they are also used by people just to give themselves a swagger when they walk....

the difference between the two is.....when just for a swagger..the leg is put forward the the stick is brought up to or just in front of the leg, there is no weight placed upon the walking stick.....

when needed to help people with walking problems...the stick is place forward, then with the help of the arm the leg is moved forward...thus taking the weight of the leg.....

i have noticed an increase in the use of walking sticks in the last few years....the sticks are mostly used in the swagger manner, but with a pronounced limp, thus the walking stick is not used to take the weight on the arm....

either these people have not learned to use the stick properly, or they are not needed.....

i suspect that in most cases it is the latter...
                    Maybe they are used to get benifits,joe
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                      Maybe they are used to get benifits,joe

could be jembo.......i think it's very amusing.....a great pastime for a resting relaxing pensioner..

Comment

could be jembo.......i think it's very amusing.....a great pastime for a resting relaxing pensioner..
                        And for some people,the money good too.
                        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                          And for some people,the money good too.

jembo.....that is the hidden usless royalty the uk has plenty of.....

Comment

i think it's more to do with getting an invalid badge and free parking......

i could apply to the local council for one myself.....if i had a permanent address...lol

my daughter just had another letter asking if shev knew me.....something to do with pension information....lol
                            Joe, do you have medical qualifications concerning how and why the walking stick is used?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                              Joe, do you have medical qualifications concerning how and why the walking stick is used?

yes....

Comment

Working...
                              X