Broadstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadstone

some pics from Temple cottages and the green , the cottages have a famous person among the tenants ,Robert "Bobby" Ballagh (born 22 September 1943) is an Irish artist, painter and designer.
    Attached Files

ditto
    Attached Files

Comment

ditto , this one shows the green at broadstone , its on consititution hill /Phibsboro rd , this is a make shift shelter that a man has been living in for the last few months
      Attached Files

Comment

I remember

That was beside the Midland Hotel. I lived on Phibsboro Road, Broadstone. My Uncle Peter, who was blind, used to walk to the Midland Hotel every Saturday evening for a couple of pints! We used to go to mass in Dominic St. church!
        :

Comment

This is what it looks like now Meg
          Attached Files

Comment

Any more of Hendron's Fitz......?

My uncle worked there and I have great memories....by the way, keep up the good work....it's nice to see areas featured

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
              Any more of Hendron's Fitz......?

My uncle worked there and I have great memories....by the way, keep up the good work....it's nice to see areas featured
              have a good few there on my hard drive and the thing is acting up wont let me recover the pics , but theres a suitcase full of pics from there going back 50s/60s 70s must get may to look through them

Comment

Great Fitz....and don't forget....the hunt is still on for The Bohemian.....

Comment

Great Fitz....and don't forget....the hunt is still on for The Bohemian.....
                  May grew up across the street from Hendron's , she use to go to the shops for the men and got a few penny's for doing it

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
                    May grew up across the street from Hendron's , she use to go to the shops for the men and got a few penny's for doing it
                    Ahaaa....did she know Paddy Harrison?

Comment

Ahaaa....did she know Paddy Harrison?
                      will ask her later on , sometimes I think may knows everyone , we cant go anywhere without someone saying how's it going may or something of the like

Comment

Thank you. I remember that garage. Is the Midland Hotel still standing? There was a shop down the road in Dominic St called Pruntys. ,y Uncle used to buy his tobacco there after mass!
                        :

Comment

Working...
                        X