This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up who cares for people.

This constant bollocking of all asylum seekers just seems to go on and on and on and on, did i mention on and on. It appears there is a strong dislike of a particular race, I will let you guess. If you can't I will gladly help. I wonder if they were from Ireland, Italy, France, Greece, or other people we can say hello to would we speak differently.? there is so much bile when this discussion arises, and those with such bile should not forget how lucky they are to be born where they have the freedom to say what they like, and show no compassion for anyone.We don't own this earth, but maybe I'm wrong. This is judge, jury and executioner territory. I would not want to be on trial with people with such views. It is easy to go with the herd, but i refuse to.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
    This constant bollocking of all asylum seekers just seems to go on and on and on and on, did i mention on and on. It appears there is a strong dislike of a particular race, I will let you guess. If you can't I will gladly help. I wonder if they were from Ireland, Italy, France, Greece, or other people we can say hello to would we speak differently.? there is so much bile when this discussion arises, and those with such bile should not forget how lucky they are to be born where they have the freedom to say what they like, and show no compassion for anyone.We don't own this earth, but maybe I'm wrong. This is judge, jury and executioner territory. I would not want to be on trial with people with such views. It is easy to go with the herd, but i refuse to.
    Well said sir ... The constant harangueing of people of different cultures and skin colour leaves a bad taste in my throat when I see it .. To my way of thinking anybody on this earth should be able to go and settle wherever they want .... No one group or country owns this planet . We all just temporarily live our lives on it ..

Comment

freedom of movement...but, not freedom of speech......?
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        freedom of movement...but, not freedom of speech......?
        I have no problem with freedom of speech ... But .. There is a big difference between it and incitement to hatred ... When extremist Muslims in the uk do this , they are rightly in my opinion charged with the full force of the law ... Yet when anti Muslim and other religion and race remarks appear on Facebook and forums etc . The perpetrators normally get away with a slap on the wrist . If you truly want freedom of speech it has to be equal for all ... The same goes for incitement to hatred .

Comment

if you are not happy with the way the law is enforced in the UK......i suggest you get your placard out and start marching......

Comment

I think people wanting to settle in this great country of Australia,,should get in line,,,I had to,,Medical Check,$$$$ in the bank,,Speak Fluent English,and Qualify for a Job,,,,and hold a current Passport.......end of my story

Ps,,I paid for my own Travel here,and had a Work Permit,and residential permit
            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

i was one of the boat people........the ''leinster''.........swimming ashore was great fun....

Comment

there is an estimated half a million people in the uk illegally..(reports say there maybe even three times that number).........

very little is being done to apprehend those lawbreakers.........

should the hard stretched forces of the law concentrate their meagre resources monitoring remarks on facebook and chat forums...?

Comment

i would assume that law breaking in the uk by non british citizens.......is being unfairly ignored by the law....

is it time to treat british citizens fairly................?

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                    I think people wanting to settle in this great country of Australia,,should get in line,,,I had to,,Medical Check,$$$$ in the bank,,Speak Fluent English,and Qualify for a Job,,,,and hold a current Passport.......end of my story

Ps,,I paid for my own Travel here,and had a Work Permit,and residential permit
                    Tommie you were lucky you could apply in Ireland to come here, it is not the same in the countries these people are fleeing from. Is a dead black child less important than a white child?. It is racial, as if one or two english people died trying to go on a boat, you need to imagine this, there would be instant sympathy. It is aimed squarely at people like muslims who we don't trust, it appears. well sid mickjoe. I have met some of these refugees, and strangely they didn't have two heads, and were actually nice people. We can't paint everyone with the same stick, remember we Irish were similiarly painted.

Comment

Tommie you were lucky you could apply in Ireland to come here, it is not the same in the countries these people are fleeing from. Is a dead black child less important than a white child?. It is racial, as if one or two english people died trying to go on a boat, you need to imagine this, there would be instant sympathy. It is aimed squarely at people like muslims who we don't trust, it appears. well sid mickjoe. I have met some of these refugees, and strangely they didn't have two heads, and were actually nice people. We can't paint everyone with the same stick, remember we Irish were similiarly painted.
                      Sorry I meant mickmac.

Comment

Sorry I meant mickmac.
                        Totally disagree with ye Tony,,,it has been proven that they can apply from their original source.
                        Whats the difference if they are sent to PNG,Mannus Is. or any other place,,surely it is better than the place they reckon they "Had to FLEE from".
                        Australia is a Huge country,,Mining Boom my arse,,,the mines are mostly owned by Foreign Countries,where the money flows to,,we can't afford to take every Tom,Jack and Harry,and support them as there isn't enough jobs around even for our own People.
                        Shri Lanka has said "send them back" as they are not refugees,,
                        Why doesn't Indonesia want them ??
                        The reason PNG is accepting refugees is the Huge big Cash handout it is getting from Kevin 747. and you and I are footing the bill,as tax payers.
                        Another point,,if they are fleeing from a war torn or impoverished country and sent to Nauru shouldn't they be happy ,,,,no they Feckin' burn the place down,,$6,000,000.00 worth of Aussie money.
                        As I said before on another thread,,people children overboard,,these "Refugees" have more Cash than most people,,,and a Smuggler gets $1 million /per boat load.
                        Can I please apply for Refugee Status,,if I am accepted,,be jasus I will be drivin' a Rolls Royce in 5 years.

Why aren't we helping the poor people of East Timor,our next door neighbours????,who live in terrible conditions,and are more deserving,I know the conditions they are living in,,I have been there and seen it with my own eyes,and the UN wasters driving around in their white 4 x 4 Taxi's and sub machine guns while the people suffer.
                        Even our own pensioners don't get enough to feed themselves,and struggle every day to make things meet,while so called Refugees come here and get hand outs straight away,
                        I could go on for ever

Now I rest my case
                        Last edited by tommie; 26-07-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

i have worked hard since i left school at 14......i have paid my taxes and brought up my family without any assistance whatever from the state....

i have earned and donated throughout my life to my chosen charities (still do on a monthly and yearly basis)..

my taxes have helped many people in the uk and abroad, and though retired i still pay income tax......which helps others.....

to imply on any medium that i am selfish and uncaring ....is to display ignorance in it's purist form.....

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                            Totally disagree with ye Tony,,,it has been proven that they can apply from their original source.
                            Whats the difference if they are sent to PNG,Mannus Is. or any other place,,surely it is better than the place they reckon they "Had to FLEE from".
                            Australia is a Huge country,,Mining Boom my arse,,,the mines are mostly owned by Foreign Countries,where the money flows to,,we can't afford to take every Tom,Jack and Harry,and support them as there isn't enough jobs around even for our own People.
                            Shri Lanka has said "send them back" as they are not refugees,,
                            Why doesn't Indonesia want them ??
                            The reason PNG is accepting refugees is the Huge big Cash handout it is getting from Kevin 747. and you and I are footing the bill,as tax payers.
                            Another point,,if they are fleeing from a war torn or impoverished country and sent to Nauru shouldn't they be happy ,,,,no they Feckin' burn the place down,,$6,000,000.00 worth of Aussie money.
                            As I said before on another thread,,people children overboard,,these "Refugees" have more Cash than most people,,,and a Smuggler gets $1 million /per boat load.
                            Can I please apply for Refugee Status,,if I am accepted,,be jasus I will be drivin' a Rolls Royce in 5 years.

Why aren't we helping the poor people of East Timor,our next door neighbours????,who live in terrible conditions,and are more deserving,I know the conditions they are living in,,I have been there and seen it with my own eyes,and the UN wasters driving around in their white 4 x 4 Taxi's and sub machine guns while the people suffer.
                            Even our own pensioners don't get enough to feed themselves,and struggle every day to make things meet,while so called Refugees come here and get hand outs straight away,
                            I could go on for ever

Now I rest my case
                            Tommie I welcome your comments, but I'd prefer if you actually got the facts and then we can continue this discussion. Perhaps you could contact a refugee advocate group and discuss the issue. tommie do you really believe in all countries they can apply, if so can you produce the proof.Then Tommie do you believe your qualifications job wise are superior to a man say in Iran, Afghanistan, India.?Australia if you remember Tommie fully supported east Timor in it's fight for independance, and no doubt are supplying foreign aid.

Comment

Do you really believe the Australian Gov. is aiding the people of Dili,,,,have a look at the conditions they live in
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X