urgent your tablets are killing you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent your tablets are killing you

was at consultant week before last and was told the the tabs I was on was dangerous and effecting my health , my tabs was changed and told I needed a blood test within 2 weeks of been on them to make sure I wasn't in danger and all was safe , as the new tabs could have a worse effect then the other ones , well I went for the test yesterday only to find that the clinics due to cut backs are closed for a forthnight , that will be 4 weeks before the bloods can be taking and whatever date the the results will be ready , will I keep taking them or go back on the old ones , rang and rang the robot answering machine just keeps saying press 1 ect

What a bloody dilemma Fitzy, I think I would just carry on taking the new ones until Monday then call the office of the guy who gave you them, it's bloody disgraceful the situation you are in. Is there no other place you could go to? Good luck my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
      What a bloody dilemma Fitzy, I think I would just carry on taking the new ones until Monday then call the office of the guy who gave you them, it's bloody disgraceful the situation you are in. Is there no other place you could go to? Good luck my friend!
      marie may is hopping f**ing mad and I cant belive it but thats life , the guy who wants them done says wow thats the cut backs for you my gp says well its nothing to do with me ,

Comment

I'm hopping along with May, your GP sounds like a fine specimen , cutbacks my arse, there's no politician who gets that treatment... Bastards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
          marie may is hopping f**ing mad and I cant belive it but thats life , the guy who wants them done says wow thats the cut backs for you my gp says well its nothing to do with me ,
          sons gf's dad is a D doc assoc but as he says I can get them done but where will i send them or to who , I don't have your charts and the hosp clinics are closed till next week ,

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
            your health has nothing to do with your GP!!! time to change GP

how do you feel on the new ones ?

Comment

i was going to suggest you go to the hospital...but jesus...theyre closed?? shit is there no place you can go in an emergency???? cos it is an emergency...willie almost died a couple of months ago with a medicine feck up like yours fitzy i can totally understand may..

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                your health has nothing to do with your GP!!! time to change GP

how do you feel on the new ones ?
                worse then I did on the old ones bigs , the side effects are woofull , still may is concerned that the blood could switching from one to the other could effect my transplant

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                  i was going to suggest you go to the hospital...but jesus...theyre closed?? shit is there no place you can go in an emergency???? cos it is an emergency...willie almost died a couple of months ago with a medicine feck up like yours fitzy i can totally understand may..
                  mkm the old ones made my boobs sore (lol) the new ones are so sore on my liver its like someones stabbing me , and I can even sleep

Comment

what are the pills for fitzy..i think id stop taking them...wean off them....whats the half life on them do you know??? actually whats the name of the meds and i'll get some info for you on them.....pm me....if you dont want to put it here.

Comment

I'd be inclined to agree with Helen, Fitz.......wean yourself down at least....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        what are the pills for fitzy..i think id stop taking them...wean off them....whats the half life on them do you know??? actually whats the name of the meds and i'll get some info for you on them.....pm me....if you dont want to put it here.
                        mkm what there for in a normal person is a minor think in my case what there for in combination with the rest of my tabs is a big issue , there only a water tablet but the effect on my main tabs have a major problam , one can take away to much sodium the other to much something else , I get so confused as what does what anymore

Comment

ok......hmmm...im on two meds to remove fluids..one specifically for the heart.....the other to remove excessive fluids and sodium.......the one specifically for the heart i had to be very careful taking it and always had to take potassium with it....a banana didnt cut it....other than that it did affect the liver.....heres what to do...get the name of the med...and google it....see what the side effects are and if you are having big side effects look and see what the half life of the med is....if its a low half life, id cut the med in half.....and take half the dose for 3-4 days....and that should keep the med in your system..but give you some relief until you get to see your dr ....and see him asap.......

Comment

the med i take for fluid around the heart...is....teva-spironolactone 23mg and i just take HALF a pill....but with this i have to take a potassium drink as i mentioned...the other med is apo-furosemide and that i take either one to three pills a day depending on the amount of sodium build up i get...and i can actually figure it out by what i eat..... a fish and chip dinner will mean i take 3 pills. lol

Comment

these are meds too that i also took during my CHF incidents..they keep the heart free of excessive fluids and able to pump ...

Comment

Working...
                              X