Traces of the Dublin 1988 Millennium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traces of the Dublin 1988 Millennium

I've been trying to collect as many images of the Dublin 1988 Millennium logo that have survived for the last 25years.

Here's a page where I've been posting them: Tracing '88

I though people here might be interested to take a look.
    Does anyone have anymore to add?

Here's a few of my favourites

I have the mint 50p in the presentation box and the milk bottle. I also have a certificate that supposedly makes the holder an honorary citizen of Dublin. This poster mentions the millennium and has the logo, and the signature of the then Lord Mayor (Carmencita Hedderman?). I can upload it if you haven't seen it.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

I don't think I've seen that before. Please do upload it.

Can you upload a photo that's at least 500px wide and can I feature it on my page?

Comment

Originally posted by t-shock View Post
        I don't think I've seen that before. Please do upload it.

Can you upload a photo that's at least 500px wide and can I feature it on my page?
        This is the best I can do regarding pixel size.

The original is a sort of parchment, a4 size, and I have blanked my name from it.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's brilliant, thanks. How do want to credited on my site? As Rashers?

You can email me at tshockdublin@gmail.com if you need to.

Comment

That's brilliant, thanks. How do want to credited on my site? As Rashers?

You can email me at tshockdublin@gmail.com if you need to.
            Doesn't really matter... use Jim Leonard if you like... or a link to this forum. Whichever you prefer. Or if you don't want to credit it even I don't mind. Just happy to help.

Comment

well i have 3 coins the milk bottle ,the double l .p record and a e.p record .
              Last edited by Guest; 24-08-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

hi , i was smart i got the milk bottle and drilled a hole in the bottom of it then put it on a base and made a table lamp out of it also done the same with the world cup bottles and put all the coins with the players faces on them i placed these around the base of the lamp also painted the inside of the bottles with white paint,a right clever dick . what do you think.you know it must be worth some money because there is only one .
                Last edited by Guest; 24-08-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

hi,you know i drilled a hole in the bottom of the bottle put it on a wooden base and made a table lamp out of it i also done the same with the world cup milk bottles and the coins with the players faces on them i placed them around the wooden base and painted the inside of the bottles white so it looked as if it was full of milk ,a right clever dick.they must be worth money as there is only one of each.also the coins i have are not the same as in the photo you showed they are about the size of a one euro coin and are copper like.
                  Last edited by Guest; 24-08-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Post some photos there Oscar.

Comment

Post some photos there Oscar.
                      hi i wish i could i have so much things i would have liked to post but dont know how to do it best i can do is videos and there getting put to sin bin or deleted that,s life but not my loss.it just discourage you from doing other things.

Comment

Oscar if you click on the paperclip you should be able to post your pictures as an attachment. If that doesn't work you can set up a free account to host your images at flickr.com then take the address of the photo and paste it in after you click the yellow square with the mountains on it. It's quite easy. Or you can email your Dublin Millennium images to me: tshockdublin@gmail.com
                        Last edited by t-shock; 24-08-2013, 04:53 PM. Reason: forget email address.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                          hi i wish i could i have so much things i would have liked to post but dont know how to do it best i can do is videos and there getting put to sin bin or deleted that,s life but not my loss.it just discourage you from doing other things.
                          If you learned how to put up videos....you can learn other stuff!!
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                            If you learned how to put up videos....you can learn other stuff!!
                            hi Pammy ,i just might not have the interest i thought myself how to play guitar and read music also thought myself to repair t.v,s radios and other electrical equipment and do all kinds of electrical work ,repaired motor cycles ,build walls drove cranes,s also the biggest fork truck in Ireland,repaired floors in lorries i could fill this page with things i done. i once went to temple street hospital with my son and he got interested in a rocking horse so i got the measurements and i went home and made him one i just made anything and everything, so it must be that i don,t have a real interest in this computing. as the saying goes i was a real d.i..y man .destroy it yourself
                            Last edited by Guest; 24-08-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Oscar I will send you a medal.
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X