Is Aer Lingus an American Airline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Aer Lingus an American Airline?

This is the opening page of our national airline........have we become the 52nd state...?
    Attached Files

I did not get the same page when I had a look?

Comment

I just got that page too. Obviously some type of promo but they could have made a better job of it. It's so easy to identify the visitors location and target them with localised ads instead of offering flights originating in the US priced in US$ to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
        I did not get the same page when I had a look?
        What did you get Bigs....and what was the site address?

Comment

At the very top of the web page...just to the left of 'contact us' there is a drop down menu that allows you to choose the country you want to book from....I think Aer Lingus just have the one .com address..

Comment

It'd seem that way bf...................I wonder does any other national airline default to another country when customers log in

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
              I just got that page too. Obviously some type of promo but they could have made a better job of it. It's so easy to identify the visitors location and target them with localised ads instead of offering flights originating in the US priced in US$ to everyone.
              I've been getting that American page for two years now.....very annoying
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

just used google search and picked the first result

Comment

Here's my search for 'aer lingus.

Both of the first sites are for America
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok I think I know what is happening, I use www.google.ie ??

Comment

Ahhhh....that's it Bigs.....it defaults to the US site for .com

Comment

Another point of view

Perish the thought if Ryanair got their hands on Aer Lingus. From what I have heard of Ryan, no one on this side of the Atlantic would tolerate his substandard service - if that's what you call it.

Comment

Check out the prices from days long ago
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andy B View Post
                            Check out the prices from days long ago

in 1967 a ''starlight'' flight from heathrow uo dublin cost...£6.00..it took off at midnight....
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EIRESABRE View Post
                              Perish the thought if Ryanair got their hands on Aer Lingus. From what I have heard of Ryan, no one on this side of the Atlantic would tolerate his substandard service - if that's what you call it.
                              Maybe Southwest Airlines will buy out Ryanair instead...hehe. Always found it interesting how SW Air made flying cheap a good time. I've never ran into a rude employee flying SW yet, and so far no extra charges....checked bags still fly free.
                              I believe in.......

Comment

Working...
                              X