Deletion of posts by original poster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deletion of posts by original poster.

I refer to the “Ban Racist” thread whereby the original poster has seen fit to delete some of his posts from the thread. Whilst I am fully aware that posters have a right to remove their posts. To do so after other posters have engaged in it is nothing short of flagrant abuse of etiquette, courtesy and respect for other members. I question the motives of the poster to remove only some of the post and leaving others so as to make other posters look silly.

It would appear that this was done by way of vengeance and to manipulate the thread because they did not their own way. The deletions render the thread useless and reduce the posts by other members to ridicule. To the casual observer it makes the other posters look silly.

In my opinion, if anything warrants a ban than this does. Perhaps the Moderators should look at this with a view to a imposing a ban on this poster?
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Well i agree jembo...when posts are removed like that, it throws the rest of the conversations and posts on the thread way out of context...and as you say makes everyone else who posted on that particular thread look silly and stupid..i think the thread should probably be taken down rather than closed...

But i dont think it warrants a ban cos as you say....posters have the right to remove their posts.

Comment

Many forums allow a poster to alter or delete posts for a certain time after they have been made to allow for typing corrections etc. but when that grace period has elapsed the posts become permanent and can only be modified by the Mods. Maybe something like that would work here?

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
        I refer to the “Ban Racist” thread whereby the original poster has seen fit to delete some of his posts from the thread. Whilst I am fully aware that posters have a right to remove their posts. To do so after other posters have engaged in it is nothing short of flagrant abuse of etiquette, courtesy and respect for other members. I question the motives of the poster to remove only some of the post and leaving others so as to make other posters look silly.

It would appear that this was done by way of vengeance and to manipulate the thread because they did not their own way. The deletions render the thread useless and reduce the posts by other members to ridicule. To the casual observer it makes the other posters look silly.

In my opinion, if anything warrants a ban than this does. Perhaps the Moderators should look at this with a view to a imposing a ban on this poster?
        agree Jembo, the OP should never be deleted even AFTER posts have been read & even quoted! I still see the OP still quoted on the thread U talk about! This poster in question is extreme & making himself look a fool & to fuck up a thread like the one Rashers closed definitely is a bannable offence IMO. That poster did the same on other Dublin forums too.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          agree Jembo, the OP should never be deleted even AFTER posts have been read & even quoted! I still see the OP still quoted on the thread U talk about! This poster in question is extreme & making himself look a fool & to fuck up a thread like the one Rashers closed definitely is a bannable offence IMO. That poster did the same on other Dublin forums too.
          A track record of disruption then, well that figures..... Starve all trolls.
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Classic example of Trolling

Originally posted by jembo View Post

I have reported this thread,,I believe it to be nothing less than trolling in all its forms.. Its quite evident that the originator has issues with the member Andy. Calling for a ban on a member who has not transgressed any of the forum guidelines is trolling and can only serve to cause dissent. Attack the post not the poster, that would be more in keeping with forum etiquette. Perhaps the op could try and do something to curtail the running sore on this forum namely casual racisim. Which does nothing but sow the seeds of contempt. I look forward with great interest to see how the moderators respond to my genuine complaint.
            Do unto others as you would have them do to you

Comment

what haggar says is true...on other forums that ive used there has been a "Grace" period wherein you could either delete the post youd just made or the thread youd put up....but after a timeframe only a mod could delete it...

Im not complaining about andy, Gloria, but rather the fact that many times if a poster deletes several posts.....the conversation that ensued on that thread is then left muddled and many other posters left looking like gobshytes because of what now become irrelevant posts

I dont think this thread is trolling any more than i thought andys was...in fact im almost sure this particular situation was discussed here before.

Comment

I have just read locked ban the racist thread, can still get the gist of it from deleted posts, because andy is quoted, have to say it does seem that the troll card is produced at every hands turn if posters don't like what another poster has to say. Found a great post on another forum in relation to trolling, will go through my files n post it up later.

Comment

i took this from wikki...

Troll (Internet)
                  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  Jump to: navigation, search
                  "Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
                  Page semi-protected

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[7][8]

Comment

Trolls should never be fed.
                    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Comment

I wont ask hagar lol

Comment

is it the weekend already?

Comment

did ya think it was friday bigs hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Gloria View Post
                              I have reported this thread,,I believe it to be nothing less than trolling in all its forms.. Its quite evident that the originator has issues with the member Andy. Calling for a ban on a member who has not transgressed any of the forum guidelines is trolling and can only serve to cause dissent. Attack the post not the poster, that would be more in keeping with forum etiquette. Perhaps the op could try and do something to curtail the running sore on this forum namely casual racisim. Which does nothing but sow the seeds of contempt. I look forward with great interest to see how the moderators respond to my genuine complaint.
                              Nope the OP is QUESTIONING the motive for deleting posts AFTER they have been read & quoted. Jembo asked the question in a fair minded way. How the feck is this thread deemed as trolling??
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X