Common Knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Knowledge

I guess that many people count on the Internet....according to the statement: "I haven´t to know everything, I only have to know where I can read something about..."

So....people are lazy to know much about common knowledge....ist that right?
    I think that some people especially the younger ones only know about the 3rd Reich and nothing more in history... who was our first president, chancellor, our last imperator etc. What´s with the century before 1900?

How is it in Ireland?
    Best wishes
    Zurn

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Originally posted by Zurn View Post
    I guess that many people count on the Internet....according to the statement: "I haven´t to know everything, I only have to know where I can read something about..."

I think that some people especially the younger ones only know about the 3rd Reich and nothing more in history... who was our first president, chancellor, our last imperator etc. What´s with the century before 1900?

How is it in Ireland?
    I do......lol
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Zurn I am not sure I understand the question, is it knowledge of the past? as in history and events?

Comment

How is it in Ireland?
        Zurn. In Ireland if you asked anyone under a certain age what the Third Reich was they would have no idea. Neither would a lot be able to tell you much, if anything, about how Ireland achieved its freedom.
        'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
          Zurn. In Ireland if you asked anyone under a certain age what the Third Reich was they would have no idea. Neither would a lot be able to tell you much, if anything, about how Ireland achieved its freedom.
          No, but the previous generation had it well drummed into them , cant remember it being a fat lot of good .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            No, but the previous generation had it well drummed into them , cant remember it being a fat lot of good .
            Great use when yer a ethnic minority person living in certain places.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

How is it in Ireland?

zurn..ask questions......but give us time to google....lol

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                When one of my nieces started school after kindergarten she had a teacher that went into unnecessary detail about things that happened under the Nazi regime. The poor kid came home one day crying and asked her mum if every German was so bad. It took a little while before she'd even speak to her dad.

Comment

For me History was a very boring subject, lots of dates and places of war and sad times to try to remember for tests, it was taught in a very boring way so I had no interest in it.

Comment

How is it in Ireland?
                    Zurn....I know you invented aspirin.....and made it possible for sugar to be extracted from beet....

and of course..the dye, Prussian blue......which turned Berlin into one of the best clothing cities in the 19th century....

Krupp I believe started out making chemicals to get the stench off the streets in medieval times....

AEG..the well known manufacturers.........the A stands for the French name for Germany.....
                    Last edited by quinner; 29-12-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                      For me History was a very boring subject, lots of dates and places of war and sad times to try to remember for tests, it was taught in a very boring way so I had no interest in it.
                      In my school we were made to feel like traitors because we couldn't go out and die for our country.

I couldn't even find an English man to shoot at.

And anyway sure I hadn't got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        Zurn....I know you invented aspirin.....and made it possible for sugar to be extracted from beet....

and of course..the dye, Prussian blue......which turned Berlin into one of the best clothing cities in the 19th century....

Krupp I believe started out making chemicals to get the stench of the streets in medieval times....

AEG..the well known manufacturers.........the A stands for the French name for Germany.....

JUNKERS..i believe means young lords.....the Prussian aristocracy.....they brought their sons up to be the knights of old...
                        Last edited by quinner; 29-12-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

How is it in Ireland?
                          You need more pub quizzes in Germany...

The last imperator was Puyi...

puyi.jpg
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                            JUNKERS..i believe means young lords.....the Prussian aristocracy.....they brought their sons up to be the knights of old...

I think Fritz Thyssen....... Thyssen Krupp now......the owner of united steel....was one of Hitlers business supporters in the early days.....

he changed his mind when the Thyssen holdings in Austria were confinscated after the Anschluss (union).....

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                              You need more pub quizzes in Germany...

The last imperator was Puyi...
                              Thought the last German Imperator was a Steam Ship.
                              We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Working...
                              X