Worse pub you were ever in .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worse pub you were ever in .

Two come to mind , One was on the Seven Sisters Road in Tottenham in the late 1970s where a fight broke out , the likes you would never witness , the staff barely blinked . The other was down the docks in Vancouver where I was lucky to get out alive .
    In Ireland , its the dirt that would comes to mind , Bridget Burkes in Tallaght was an example , some ones hard snot on the side of the pint glass served to me , whats yours ?

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    Two come to mind , One was on the Seven Sisters Road in Tottenham in the late 1970s where a fight broke out , the likes you would never witness , the staff barely blinked . The other was down the docks in Vancouver where I was lucky to get out alive .
    In Ireland , its the dirt that would comes to mind , Bridget Burkes in Tallaght was an example , some ones hard snot on the side of the pint glass served to me , whats yours ?
    There's a blacked out place in Cabra West...I took one look at it.....snot had nuttin on that kip. A place in Pusan South Korea, where I got chased by a machete wielding pimp for not taking a ride.
    Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 30-12-2013, 12:03 AM.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Wynberg Hotel Capetown, 1982, we asked where we could go for a drink and were dropped off here, lasted about 5 minutes

Comment

I went into a place in Manchester once and the bouncer asked was I carrying any weapons, I said "No" so he loaned me a knife. Lovely chap.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          There's a blacked out place in Cabra West...I took one look at it.....snot had nuttin on that kip. A place in Pusan South Korea, where I got chased by a machete wielding pimp for not taking a ride.
          Hi DTW. That's the Cabra House I'd say.Used to be the Oasis.

Comment

and irish pub in Toronto......with MUSIC.....and off key Danny Boy being yelled out time after time......didnt quite match my tears though which started as being homesick ones but ended up being pleads for the singing to stop heehee

Comment

The one I walked into that had NO beer ! I kid you not !

Comment

there are so many pubs that have been crap at various times....

I suppose it was a hotel bar in east Belfast , mainly used by the locals but also used by off duty ruc men.....though quite a jolly pleasant bar...watching the off duty policemen sitting there with their hand in their trouser pockets holding on to a handgun......made one think.....I stayed in that hotel for eight months and it was a pleasant experience....
                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Time View Post
                  Hi DTW. That's the Cabra House I'd say.Used to be the Oasis.
                  That's it.... Take yer blind date out for a meal at the local.
                  Attached Files
                  We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

cappagh-nua.jpg

This place ( the Cappagh House ) was" the " place to drink in Finglas when I was growing up . It was popular for weddings too . Now its notorious for drive by shootings and murders . Still not a bad place to go for a pint .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                      That's it.... Take yer blind date out for a meal at the local.
                      this is the original oasis? mother of god its a very scary looking place i think id be actually afraid to go in there for a drink....where social occasions are concerned unfortunately i do judge a book by its cover lol....how come they dont paint or redo the front of it....and make it look a bit more attractive?

Comment

What about that filthy kip in Lanzarote Bojo
                        Legendary Bass Player

Comment

whats with Lanzarote? everytime we go to ireland, everyone we know is either, there, on their way back, planning to go...or have been there just weeks ago lol..I think they must have some great pubs there lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            whats with Lanzarote? everytime we go to ireland, everyone we know is either, there, on their way back, planning to go...or have been there just weeks ago lol..I think they must have some great pubs there lol..
                            Helen , you can go out there for around €300 to € 400 for a week flights and accommodation , food and drink can be half price . its a no brainer for a break.

Comment

Originally posted by php View Post
                              What about that filthy kip in Lanzarote Bojo
                              That was our apartments Paraic

Comment

Working...
                              X