My Perfect World.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Perfect World.

In my perfect world sometimes i think......

there would be no guns.....no war..no need for prisons...no fear of the unknown.
    food for everyone, education for everyone and everyone would get great medical treatment. there would be no horrific illnesses, no greed and everyone would die a natural death from old age...everyone would have a decent home with good sanitation...there would be no need for strikes nor would there be a need for religion..and everyone would get paid a reasonable wage irrespective of race or gender...politicians would be honest as the day is long..and the sun would always shine..

I hope that world never comes...what a boring place it would be...id rather live here!

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post

there would be no guns.....no war..no need for prisons...no fear of the unknown.
    food for everyone, education for everyone and everyone would get great medical treatment. there would be no horrific illnesses, no greed and everyone would die a natural death from old age...everyone would have a decent home with good sanitation...there would be no need for strikes nor would there be a need for religion..and everyone would get paid a reasonable wage irrespective of race or gender...politicians would be honest as the day is long..and the sun would always shine..

I hope that world never comes...what a boring place it would be...id rather live here!
    That was my first thought.....boring totally. Along with that comes living in a police state & zero choices. Our careers, education, spouses would be chosen for us.....then, we'd have a revolution.
    I believe in.......

Comment

what parts would you swap for what you have now helen ? how about a decent home, or good medical treatment, no murders, rapes etc.

I understand what you're saying, but what a boring life it must be for those who have nothing.It's great though that we decide where we are heading

and are not fully controlled by government.
      today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

I dont know that id swap anything.......ive thought about it a lot and i sorta think life itself swings the balance...i think we in first world countries trade off much thats important for the lives we live..

i remember growing up in dublin thro the 50s, we had no tv..very little money, and certainly no money for what we then would have regarded as luxuries and now regard as givens...but we didnt have the same stresses, our stress was about basics and when they were taken care of we were fine...when we got sick we trusted that the drs knew more than us and would make us better..now i find theres little trust for anyone and we KNOW the drs are human and make mistakes...our basic needs have grown to encompass high end electronic games for our kids, beautiful homes with all the gadgets...but having to support these lifestyles in many cases requires two incomes so children get farmed out to babysitters and the neighborhood is lost...no mothers at home making friends with the neighbors, kids playing on the street..

I think i would trade off something now that i think of it..id trade whatever i could to ensure all children were fed..

Comment

I dont know that id swap anything.......ive thought about it a lot and i sorta think life itself swings the balance...i think we in first world countries trade off much thats important for the lives we live..

i remember growing up in dublin thro the 50s, we had no tv..very little money, and certainly no money for what we then would have regarded as luxuries and now regard as givens...but we didnt have the same stresses, our stress was about basics and when they were taken care of we were fine...when we got sick we trusted that the drs knew more than us and would make us better..now i find theres little trust for anyone and we KNOW the drs are human and make mistakes...our basic needs have grown to encompass high end electronic games for our kids, beautiful homes with all the gadgets...but having to support these lifestyles in many cases requires two incomes so children get farmed out to babysitters and the neighborhood is lost...no mothers at home making friends with the neighbors, kids playing on the street..

I think i would trade off something now that i think of it..id trade whatever i could to ensure all children were fed..
          helen, I feel you have no trouble making friend with your neighbours.

Where I live now I've made it my business to get to know my neighbours

It's a good feeling, we had a bbq recently,and we invited a young couple

over, they will in time we hope become friends.Started a conversation with a

lady next door, she is separated.Invited her in to have a cuppa with Maria &

myself.Last week there was a big storm, she came knocking, as her fence was down, so I helped fix it.I'm like you,I bet, inasmuch as I love talking to people.So I believe we are the ones who help destroy communities if we

talk negative.Lets meet our neighbours.
          today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

well .....since we came to canada....we amassed a great bunch of friends...all have been neighbors at one stage or another....we probably started off with meeting on the street...at school functions....but the last house i lived in..i lived there for almost 11 years...i knew noone...the kids on the court didnt come out to play...and i was looked at as an oddity cos i let my grandkids play out..very safe area....but everyone worked......including me but i was lucky many times i worked from home so had more time in the community..when my grandkids started at the school i made a point of making friends with their friends mothers...and most of them admitted to feeling alone in the area.....theres a huge trend to take your kid to special play centres.....on playdates..keep the neighbors at bay and i found most of the young mothers actually didnt know how to make friends in the area lol...

now ive moved into an older area....my neighbour next door is absolutely fantastic and the young couple on the left of me are really great too....seems to be a much much friendlier area...i think this age of high tech has robbed us of some of our socializing skills lol.....or am i just getting old???

Comment

MKM I know what your saying, I sometimes think that too. And I am not trying to be a kill joy - far from it - but I dont think there has been or will be an ideal world.

God we had it all as kids back then but I am sure your ma and da and mine worried sick over money. And the abuse against kids was rife, unfortunately

We did the same (worry) and maybe still do and I know my kids (mainly) have worries too. Jobs, money too

Jesus my grannie had it hard and my pals grannies had it hard too here in the UK. And Hitler flattened the city I live in

I just wish to Christ things could be better for all, like you do

At present, we are in a recession so in this city the people who will suffer most are the young, and the old - cuts in services that we paid for.

Society is consumer driven - thanks to Maggie T and Raegen - they did not give a shite about manufacturing and keeping jobs. the game for them was banking and it got us in the shjyte we are in.

As kids MKM you and me and many others on the forum were giving the pennies our mammies gave us to the 'Black Babies'. Mugababe is still robbing from his people

Sorry never meant it to be political. Its just that some people do not give a flying feck about others. I fear nothing will ever change but sincerely hope it will

Comment

and the kids are happy....just their relationships are different..these fecking "playdates" drive me round the bend....everything is on schedule...my poor grandkids dont have a schedule when theyre here...which is every day lol..

Comment

so eamonn and caitlin having a conversation while shes in toilet and hes sitting on the ground outside...."how long will you be?' donno i think its a long one this" ugh sez eamonn i hate long ones they make your feet sore.(whats that about dangling feet?"

so out she comes trying to pull up her pants.." i see your undies" goes eamonn..."thats very rude" sez 4 year old Caitlin..."sorry" sez eamonn looking upset.." but they are nice knickers i like the color of them" "tanks" sez cait, " i wear them every day" and off they went to play...

nana meanwhile was on the floor dying laughing.

Comment

so eamonn and caitlin having a conversation while shes in toilet and hes sitting on the ground outside...."how long will you be?' donno i think its a long one this" ugh sez eamonn i hate long ones they make your feet sore.(whats that about dangling feet?"

so out she comes trying to pull up her pants.." i see your undies" goes eamonn..."thats very rude" sez 4 year old Caitlin..."sorry" sez eamonn looking upset.." but they are nice knickers i like the color of them" "tanks" sez cait, " i wear them every day" and off they went to play...

nana meanwhile was on the floor dying laughing.
                    and I am laughing now and its 5.57 am and the sleepless night I had forgotton ....Thanks for sharing that little story Helen....

Comment

My perfect world at the moment is if someone would tell this hignorant hirishman what is going on at the forum. We seem to have two lots, as if someone put two shovels in the corner and told me to take my pick.
                      I'M CONFUSED

Comment

hey ginty, hows my buddy...havent seen you in ages...

ive changed my mind id like all the food to have lesser calories and fat content...all the additives and hormones removed from it...so maybe we'd have NO need to go on diets hehehe

Comment

hey ginty, hows my buddy...havent seen you in ages...

ive changed my mind id like all the food to have lesser calories and fat content...all the additives and hormones removed from it...so maybe we'd have NO need to go on diets hehehe
                          I'm still confused.

Comment

ginty. me auld flower. point is ....get in there and put your twopence worth
                            in. remember the diet............two large ladies........one was trying to diet...........the other was ....dying to try it.............lol

Comment

ya git ya newby hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X