Blue Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Ray

Picked up a blue ray dvd player in January (to watch the Breaking Bad box set I'd gotten at Christmas) - it's one of those smart types you can connect to your wifi.

First thing I discovered was that I can watch Breaking Bad on it - via Netflix !!

So... have I bought a new technology that is effectively... obselete ??
    Everything is self-evident.

cogs;It's impossible to keep up with all this new technology. It seems to me that
    it is obsolete before it ever reaches the customer.

Comment

my big computer that is five years old.....has blue ray, though I have never used it....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

yea i think all our blue ray things go dumped a while ago..its probably obsolete lol...you poor angel..listen you can get almost everything on net flicks or apple tv...do you have the apple box?

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          my big computer that is five years old.....has blue ray, though I have never used it....
          Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          yea i think all our blue ray things go dumped a while ago..its probably obsolete lol...you poor angel..listen you can get almost everything on net flicks or apple tv...do you have the apple box?
          Would that be bluetooth yiz are talking about ?? That's a sort range wireless facility - handy for mouse pads or handsfree phone kits, ipods etc.

Blue ray is high definition DVD format - been on the market the last couple of years or so...

My question relates to online streaming of movies - like Netflix. Why would anyone release their films on DVD if the punters are going to watch them online ?

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            Would that be bluetooth yiz are talking about ?? That's a sort range wireless facility - handy for mouse pads or handsfree phone kits, ipods etc.

Blue ray is high definition DVD format - been on the market the last couple of years or so...

My question relates to online streaming of movies - like Netflix. Why would anyone release their films on DVD if the punters are going to watch them online ?
            no, blue ray for playing DVD's on the computer....

I will get it out tomorrow and give you the make etc....

Comment

It's been around for a lot longer than a couple of years. I have an old laptop that's 4 years old and it has a blu ray/DVD player burner built in. I'd say blue ray has been around for more than 6 years. The problem with streaming is that you don't get the same definition as you do with blu ray. Also if you are looking at 3D movies, blu ray is the way to go. I suppose as more bandwidth and faster download develop then everything will be streamed; TV, radio, movies etc.
              Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                It's been around for a lot longer than a couple of years. I have an old laptop that's 4 years old and it has a blu ray/DVD player burner built in. I'd say blue ray has been around for more than 6 years. The problem with streaming is that you don't get the same definition as you do with blu ray. Also if you are looking at 3D movies, blu ray is the way to go. I suppose as more bandwidth and faster download develop then everything will be streamed; TV, radio, movies etc.
                Been in Perth...Somerset... Toronto for five or six years... ?? I reckon I've the only one in County Meath...bought four weeks ago !!

I was sure the blue ray would be higher def than Netflix... hard to tell the difference to be honest...

Comment

Been in Perth...Somerset... Toronto for five or six years... ?? I reckon I've the only one in County Meath...bought four weeks ago !!

I was sure the blue ray would be higher def than Netflix... hard to tell the difference to be honest...
                  Have you got an HD TV?
                  Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

I have a HD tv and blue ray, don't really see a difference from normal tbh!

Comment

But HD has almost twice the definition of SD. I can definitely see a difference, but maybe all your stations transmit in HD, here many still use SD.
                      Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                        But HD has almost twice the definition of SD. I can definitely see a difference, but maybe all your stations transmit in HD, here many still use SD.
                        The only time I noticed any difference was when I watched the blue ray version of Avatar, other than that I have never really noticed, maybe I need my eyes checked!

Comment

cogs, my laptop with blue ray.........is an ACER aspire...8930.....it also has a complete music centre....which i have also never used.....

Comment

Blu-Ray Player with Music Centre

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                              Blu-Ray Player with Music Centre

the keyboard is bigger than that one.....

Comment

Working...
                              X