Terrible Tragedy in Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Tragedy in Victoria

I heard today that a mentally ill father beat his 11 year old son to death with a cricket bat at cricket practice yesterday. The father was later shot in the chest my police and also died. Very sad, I saw an interview with the poor mother tonight, a lady from the UK. How does she even begin to recover from something like that?
    Such is life - Ned Kelly

oh my god....thats dreadful.......and what pisses me off about these incidents is they GET off cos of their mental state...they get put in a mental treatment facility...and before you know it theyre out....cured...but when they get out...no one monitors their medicines...so........back to square one.... poor woman i dont think youd ever recover from something like that.

Comment

It seems that worldwide there's a serious lack of adequate mental health care. What was the nature of the father's mental illness? I'm sure this poor woman will never recover from this. How could she?

Comment

there is eileen....but my issue is..those jumping on the mental health bandwagon....for the lighter sentences....

thats dreadful about that poor child...if it was at a cricket practice wasnt there anyone around to help....jezus..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
          there is eileen....but my issue is..those jumping on the mental health bandwagon....for the lighter sentences....

thats dreadful about that poor child...if it was at a cricket practice wasnt there anyone around to help....jezus..
          Apparently it just happened in full view of other kids. It wouldn't take much with a cricket bat to kill an adult let alone an 11 year old.
          Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

holy god..no your right these bats are heavy suckers.. dreadful tragedy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
              there is eileen....but my issue is..those jumping on the mental health bandwagon....for the lighter sentences......
              I absolutely agree. It's used all the time to get away with murder!! But I'm wondering exactly what was wrong with the Dad. If he actually was mentally ill, the mum has to live with that guilt forever. It's heart breaking.

Comment

i have to hijack the topic for a bit......the joke is here this week...this friend recently divorced met some guy last week on a dating site..and they met for drinks....and he goes......straight up i have to tell you where ive been for the past 23 years...ive been in prison for murder........she almost forgot her purse in the rush home hehee...

now...all my friggin nutters here said..oh god what was SO honest of him.....she probably shoulda listened to his story??? excuse me....Id have left the friggin bag.

back on topic lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                  I absolutely agree. It's used all the time to get away with murder!! But I'm wondering exactly what was wrong with the Dad. If he actually was mentally ill, the mum has to live with that guilt forever. It's heart breaking.
                  Gosh The mother must have known her hubby was sick.I'd have had him on meds. My heart goes out to her.

Comment

Thats so sad Dave....I can't see how anyone could get over a thing like that...poor child and mum.
                    You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

Terrible ,,,my sister and family live in Tyabb,,I seem to know the name
                      I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by matesofthegarden View Post
                        Gosh The mother must have known her hubby was sick.I'd have had him on meds. My heart goes out to her.
                        Unfortunately sometimes the wife or family cannot do anything about it.
                        I knew a family here with a father who was fine as long as he was on his meds.Problem was that he took his own meds with no supervision and started thinking he was all right.One day he took his only child a lovely little girl in the car with the wife on to the 401 hwy and people saw him fighting with the wife in the car on the wrong way on the hwy .
                        He drove the car right at the biggest truck he saw coming towards them and when they crashed the car was lifted off the rd with them still in it,on to a flatbed with a tarp over it.Sad sad story but true.
                        I asked his cousin a physician why he was allowed to medicate himself and he told me it was the law?The same man had previously barricaded himself in his mother,s cottage with the little girl about a yr before and the swat team with the physician cousin talked him down.He had again gone off his meds?

I think that there should be mandatory mental tests of some sort for everyone to ry and prevent these things happening
                        Last edited by tolka1; 14-02-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Just horrendous, and those other poor kids seeing that , it just doesn't bear thinking about!

Comment

Now it seems the father was the subject of several warrants, but the police were called to where he lived two weeks ago for a reported assault on a housemate, but they didn't arrest him. They claim a computer error caused the outstanding warrants to not show on their system. Sounds like a crock of shit to me.
                            Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Shit happens so I would give the benefit of the doubt to the cops.I have known lots of cops over the yrs here and can tell you that they have a special hate for people who do anything to a defenceless child but there hands are tied sometimes by law.

Comment

Working...
                              X